Christmas is all About Jesus the King, but what about his Mother?

I just want to make this reflection, I went to a Nice service with my wife to her church, I never doubt of the love of our protestants brothers for Jesus, but they went trough really quick on the Bible mention all The prophets, Abraham, Moses, etc…and they conclude the Bible is all about Jesus, I agree but if you mention King David,Isaac, Jacob…Why you ignore Mary? is a fact she is the Mother of the Messiah, she was choose By God, a least name her. then they show a video of baby on a crib, no Mary and Joseph, with all the respect I make my point Jesus is the Star of this “movie”, the number one, the ONLY SAVIOR, but why yo ignore the co-stars, specially the full of grace Chosen by GOD the creator, to be the Mother of God son?
Merry Christmas everybody and peace for you and your love ones

In my tradition (Lutheran) we always say one of the Creeds (Apostles’ or Nicene) which are both explicit in naming Mary as the mother of Jesus.

Unfortunately, I think some protestants in their zeal to not appear Catholic overly downplay the role of our Blessed Mother in salvation history. Some even go so far as to pretty much discount that their is anything special about her and relegate her to merely an incubator of Jesus’ human form. I think it is misguided and unfortunate and that our Lord weeps at such disrespect of His most holy Mother.

Thank you Pastor Gary for your answer,
I Agree with you Misssocatholic, mention Mary it may be to catholic so i guess they just decide to leave Her out of the picture.

Christmas is also very much about Mary The Mother Of God. Without Mary’s fiat of saying yes and agreeing to become the vessel of the Incarnation; The Word Made Flesh, to dwell among us; there would be no Christmas.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women.
And Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God.
Pray for us sinners.
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

If I may offer a different perspective; it sounds like you may be speaking of a service that included a bit of apologetics for the faith. Connecting a line through the prophets and how they look ahead to Jesus is a way of supporting our faith in Jesus and showing evidence for Christianity. I may be totally wrong, but it sounds like that may be what the pastor was doing. The point being that all of scripture points us to Christ.

In the protestant churches that I’ve attended, Mary is always talked about more around Christmas then any other time of year. Of course, she is always also included in Nativities in all the churches I’ve been to at Christmas time, as well as being held up as a champion of the faith for her faithful response to God.

Merry Christmas to you, grace and peace!

Hail full of grace

How can that be downplayed? A woman so docile to the Spirit as to be united as fully to God as a human can be. Fully gifted by God.

How is it we want to admire and seek the prayers of all sorts of people, but the woman who God himself fills does not merit our devotion and emulation? She who’s only desire is to point us to Him who filled her with grace.

Amen!:thumbsup:

It becomes easier when the Bible you use translates “full of grace” to something less than that as many of the more popular protestant Bibles do. For example:

“Greetings, O favored one” (ESV)

“Greetings, you who are highly favored” (NIV)

“Hail, thou that art highly favoured” (KJV)

Thank you Klisha same to you and all your family
Now I want to ask how can the temple where the Kings Of Kings take is human form is not Holy and why not to honor her?

With a focus on Messiah, our Divine Service during Advent every Sunday has featured singing a version of the Magnificat.

Jon

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.