Christmas Novena Questions

Hello All
I started the Christmas Novena yesterday. It is so beautiful and calming I love it.
I was wondering if most people mention the same intention every time or mix it up? I certainly have people and intentions I want to pray for but not one really pressing thing. I know this is a personal devotion and there are maybe not any “rules” just curious what others do. This is a 30 Novena said 15 times per day!
Thanks

Hi PrayPsalm51,

I have prayed this Novena, and you are right–it is certainly beautiful. :slight_smile:

Usually when I pray a Novena, I have certain intentions in mind when I pray it, so I personally pray for the same intentions each time that I pray it.

However, that is what I do, and like you said, I don’t think that there is any “right or wrong” way to do it, or any “rules” to follow, like you mention. So go ahead and do it however you want to do it. :slight_smile:

God bless you, and may you enjoy the beauty of the Advent season.

Thank you Old Grey Mare
I kind of thought the same. It just seemed like a big decision to commit that amount of prayer to one intention (well actually I’m praying for all my children so that works)!
Many Thanks

Hello again! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome,

May God bless your family too, this Advent season.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.