Christmas TV shows for the family

Hi there everyone in the Family forum.

I’m posting this for your review so you may tag the Christmas shows you wish to see with you family during this season.

A very early happy & healthy Christmas greeting & message for all and May God Bless Us, Everyone!

If this thread gets lost, please “bump” it for all to see…

Time once again for a holiday television spectacular!

A select group of U.S. stations traditionally specialize in Christmas gems - such as CBS for animated specials, TMC for movies, or ABC Family for the big mix of movies, specials and animated tales.

As Christmas 2009 draws near, gather around to discover what’s on TV during the season, as we fill in the blanks for a full schedule of U.S. television programming tagged especially for the holidays …

2009 TV Christmas Schedule - Specials & Movies

chiff.com/home_life/holiday/christmas/whats-on-tv.htm

[quote="jakasaki, post:1, topic:178181"]
Hi there everyone in the Family forum.

I'm posting this for your review so you may tag the Christmas shows you wish to see with you family during this season.

A very early happy & healthy Christmas greeting & message for all and May God Bless Us, Everyone!

If this thread gets lost, please "bump" it for all to see...

[/quote]

How The Grinch Stole Christmas; The Snowman; The Miracle on 34th Street; The Christmas Story; and, of course, It's a Wonderful Life.

I like the obscure ones: The Night They Saved Christmas (Art Carney, Paul Williams, Jaclyn Smith, Paul LeMat) and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (Loretta Swit) but they aren't listed in the link provided.

Luckily my drama club is producing The Best Christmas Pageant Ever this weekend so I'll be able to indulge (and cry). I've also got the VHS tape of the original TV movie -- and IMBD seems to indicate that a new version is to be released this year.

Definitely Rudolf and the Santa Claus, they’ve always been my favorites. Ooh, and the Grinch, both animated and the newer one.

I remember watching this one Christmas movie way back in like 4th or 5th grade, and I really liked it, but I’ve never been able to remember what it was called. But now that you mention The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, I’m thinking it could possibly be that. I only remember parts, like the Wise Men bringing a ham or turkey or something, and a little girl in a dressing room looking at a picture of Mary. Could this be it?

That’s the one. The 3rd Wise Man straggles in carrying the welfare basket ham.

The scene in the dressing room always reduces me to tears so yesterday when the stage manager was in my office talking about the play I asked her if they had that scene in it. She proceeded to attempt to describe how they had staged that scene and within 30 seconds we were both bawling. If someone had walked in to the parish office at that moment they would have thought a member of our family had just died.:smiley:

A wonderful old movie was on EWTN years ago. "A Time to Remember." It has been a part of our Christmas movie watching every year since then as I sent for it immediately after seeing it the first time. Don't know if they still run it on EWTN, but if they do, be sure to watch, especially those of you that are of Italian descent. Beautiful.

I love Christmas movies!!! Sadly, so few of them show the religious aspect, except for the old standbys.

I came across a sweet (new?) movie set at Christmastime this past week on the Hallmark Channel - “A Dog Named Christmas”, based on the book by Greg Kincaid. It is the story of a mentally challenged young man, his hardworking farm family, and how the young man gets dozens of “shelter dogs” placed with families at Christmas.

Again, there is nothing religious about it (sigh) but I liked the very strong family values it portrayed: a very good family movie.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.