Christopher Hitchen's diagnosed w/ cancer

Prayers for Christopher. I can only imagine all the prayers being offered up for this man.
**Writer Christopher Hitchens to
undergo chemotherapy **
Reuters, by Jill Serjeant and Mark Egan Original Article
Posted By: arkie- 6/30/2010 10:36:50 PM Post Reply
LOS ANGELES – British-born author Christopher Hitchens on Wednesday cut short a book tour to undergo chemotherapy, which several media outlets reported was because the heavy smoker has been diagnosed with cancer. “I have been advised by my physician that I must undergo a course of chemotherapy on my esophagus. This advice seems persuasive to me. I regret having had to cancel so many engagements at such short notice,” Hitchens, 61, said in a statement released through his publishers Twelve. A representative for the publisher offered no details beyond the statement. Hitchens, known to be a heavy smoker,
news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100630/stage_nm/us_hitchens

We should all pray for him. A Chaplet of Divine Mercy or a Rosary sound good. Especially that he be converted to the Lord Jesus Christ before he should pass away, if the illness is grave.

i just read this tonight. i think that christopher hitchens is a very bright and intelligent man. he is fascintating in the interviews i have heard.
i believe he has a brother who is a Christian and i can only hope that at this time perhaps this brother will have a chance to talk to Christopher and change him from an atheist to a believer.
wasn’t Christopher calling for the arrest of the Pope when he visits Britain this fall?

he and his family need our prayers right now.

Peter Hitchens is one of my favourite Christian authors.

[quote="Kadaveri, post:4, topic:203885"]
Peter Hitchens is one of my favourite Christian authors.

[/quote]

i thought the brother's name was Peter, but i wasn't sure. i have read a couple of articles by Peter Hitchens and he is very good. this is probably a very tough time for him with his brother Christopher so sick right now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.