Christ's masculinity & living as a man of God

Hi all, I am looking for Catholic book recommendations that will help me learn more about what it means to be a man of God. I am trying to prepare myself for having holy relationships with women and, if it's the Lord's will, marriage in the future. By that I mean that I want to model myself after Christ, especially my masculine nature. I'm sure there must be some books that deal with this issue. I have read books on TOB but I am looking for something that deals specifically with Christ's masculine nature, if something like it exists. Also if you can point out some verses in scripture that you feel showcase Christ's masculinity in a special way, please share. For example, Eph 5:25. Thanks!

[quote="kib, post:1, topic:206630"]
Hi all, I am looking for Catholic book recommendations that will help me learn more about what it means to be a man of God. I am trying to prepare myself for having holy relationships with women and, if it's the Lord's will, marriage in the future. By that I mean that I want to model myself after Christ, especially my masculine nature. I'm sure there must be some books that deal with this issue. I have read books on TOB but I am looking for something that deals specifically with Christ's masculine nature, if something like it exists. Also if you can point out some verses in scripture that you feel showcase Christ's masculinity in a special way, please share. For example, Eph 5:25. Thanks!

[/quote]

You need:

A Young Man’s Guide by Fr F. X. Lasance

Practical advice and aids for spiritual progress and sanctification for young men exposed to great dangers in a world hostile to virtue.

[quote="Advocatus_Fidei, post:2, topic:206630"]
You need:

A Young Man’s Guide by Fr F. X. Lasance

Practical advice and aids for spiritual progress and sanctification for young men exposed to great dangers in a world hostile to virtue.

[/quote]

Praise God! Thank you Advocatus Fidei!

Edit: I'm 24 and have been in several long term relationships, the longest being 4 years. Do you think this will still benefit me?

I've just started reading a simple little book called Not Your Average Joe with my six year old son. OK, so the book is waaaay over his head, but it'll give him something to keep coming back to, over and over again, for many years to come. The book is actually about St. Joseph, and emphasizes the virtues and qualities necessary to become a man of God by uniting oneself with Christ. I got it for my son because his dad is outside the Church, and I wanted a little support in raising my son to be a man of God. I just figured the man chosen by the Father to raise Jesus and be the husband of our Blessed Mother was good enough for me :thumbsup:

And although the book is simple, it gives much to think about. I'm learning from it too.

Gertie

Thanks Gertabelle, I will check it out. Your son is blessed to have a holy mother looking out for him!

[quote="kib, post:3, topic:206630"]
Praise God! Thank you Advocatus Fidei!

Edit: I'm 24 and have been in several long term relationships, the longest being 4 years. Do you think this will still benefit me?

[/quote]

Absolutely.:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.