Christ's Reign in Scripture

I’m having trouble understanding certain things about the Kingdom of God, particularly the reign of Christ in eternity.

Saint Paul writes:

“Afterwards the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God and the Father, when he shall have brought to nought all principality, and power, and virtue. For he must reign, until he hath put all his enemies under his feet. And the enemy death shall be destroyed last: For he hath put all things under his feet. And whereas he saith, All things are put under him; undoubtedly, he is excepted, who put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then the Son also himself shall be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.”

Now, what does that mean, Jesus will “deliver” the Kingdom to the Father? Does Christ stop reigning? Moreover, what does the Son “himself being made subject to the Father” mean?

I’m also in need of verses that say the Christ’s reign would be forever, as well as the Church being the beginning of the Kingdom of God. Händel’s Hallelujah chorus “He shall reign for ever and ever” comes to mind… :shrug:

Could you help me understand this? I’d be greatly obliged.

Eternity means no beginning and no end. Jesus has, is and will always be King over all of creation.

Jesus is ruler over all, God the Father gave Him that authority, (Matthew 28:18) at the end of time we all will be judge by what we do in the body by Jesus and there will be a resurrection of the body. Jesus will then pass the Kingdom of God over to the Father and we will finally see the face of God in all His glory.

This scripture may help… Jesus is continually praying (interceding for us) to the Father as our High priest…Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Does that help?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.