Chronic mortal sinner

Please pray for me. Almost every day, I commit one or more mortal sins. I don’t understand why I’m like this…

:highprayer: Heavenly Father, we pray for ChibiViolet, give Your perfect Grace, Your strength to resist temptation; Your wisdom to know how to avoid occasions of sin (and especially mortal sins); pour out Your Spirit upon ChibiViolet and bless with abundant love, overflowing joy and deep and perfect peace!!!

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;*** and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.*** Amen.

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom in your time of need.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Peace

Please go to Confession! Get a Miraculous Medal, have it blessed, and wear it constantly. These things will help. Keep Holy and blessed objects near always.

Holy Saturday Prayer

O God, Creator of heaven and earth:

Grant that, as the crucified body of your dear Son was laid in the tomb and rested on this holy Sabbath, so we may await with him the coming of the third day, and rise with him to newness of life; who now lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Amen.

An exorcist priest once told us that a mortal sinner who goes regularly to confession, truly repentant, is in a better position than those who commit only venial sins and never go because they believe that they are good enough to get to Heaven without the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I only say this to comfort you during this time of trial, and encourage you to go to Confession if you haven’t already…not to encourage you to continue sinning mortally, of course.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Remember, O most chaste Spouse of the Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who implored your help and sought your intercession was left unassisted. Full of confidence in your power, I fly unto you, and beg your protection. Despise not, O foster-father of the Redeemer, my humble supplication, but in your bounty, hear and answer me. Amen.

I will pray for you at tonight’s service. Just think, you are asking for help and intercession on a day where we anticipate God’s resurrection which guaranteed salvation for you, me, and all others who believe!

If you don’t mind, consider Living in the moment - not in a selfish way but in a cognitive manner. Make it a habit (and this will not happen overnight) to THINK before you speak or act. After awhile it becomes second nature. We so often say and do things out of habit or without thinking.

Talk to your confessor for advice. I was once told to take sins one at a time to conquer. Sometimes sin can be avoided by avoiding situations that may lead to sin. Trust me, priests have heard it all and they really want to help!

Most importantly, pray to God with a contrite heart to help you. He will! I find myself (much less often now) saying God’s name in vain (such as “Oh God”) when frustrated or upset. At first, I didn’t even realized I was saying it so often. Soon I became aware immediately after saying it and I immediately said a silent prayer asking for forgiveness and awareness. Then I realized that, just a mili-second before I was going to say it, I had a very quick, soft thought to not do it. That, to me, is God.

My example may be very insignificant but know that with God you can overcome. We are all sinners, no matter what anyone might say to you. Just take it one day at a time and strive to be sin-free. I promise that this consciousness that you will develop will help you.

Your sorrow is a great first step! Be proud - we cannot do it on our own but with God we can do anything!

“Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

I say this prayer over and over when I am faced with temptation. It is very powerful!

Lord, please take this soul into your heart. Amen

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen. †

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen. †

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen. †

St. Thérèse of Liseux Prayer From “Story of A Soul”

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Amen. †

Lord, thank you that you are with me right now.
Your love surpasses all fear.
I give you the anxiety I feel.
I surrender all my worries to you.
Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
Relax my being, that, I may
always glorify you in everything
I write, speak and do.

Amen. †

:signofcross: :blessyou:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.