Chronological Gospel harmonization

What do you think of reading chronological Gospel harmonies? For the first time I am doing it here

And it's rather amazing. I've never done this before, but now that I have started I'm having a rather tough time stopping. It's neat to have a general idea of the chronology of the events portrayed in all four Gospels, the different wording etc.

Any thoughts?

[quote="dronald, post:1, topic:337499"]
What do you think of reading chronological Gospel harmonies? For the first time I am doing it here

And it's rather amazing. I've never done this before, but now that I have started I'm having a rather tough time stopping. It's neat to have a general idea of the chronology of the events portrayed in all four Gospels, the different wording etc.

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

I'm more the type of guy who likes to see each gospel on their own without mixing or conflating any or all of them, and synopses like these are I think useful for that.

I actually made a similar thread a while back; I didn't link to this particular pdf, but I did post a few others you might also find interesting: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=797582

Thank you very much!

After looking through some of the links, I rather like the one I posted the most so far. It’s kinda exactly what i’ve been looking for.

[quote="dronald, post:3, topic:337499"]
Thank you very much!

After looking through some of the links, I rather like the one I posted the most so far. It's kinda exactly what i've been looking for.

[/quote]

Why do you like the one you posted best? How is it better?

St. Augustine did this over 1600 years ago, you might want to compare the two: The Harmony of the Gospels.

[quote="thistle, post:4, topic:337499"]
Why do you like the one you posted best? How is it better?

[/quote]

I like how every single word is posted side by side of the entire Gospel, chronologically.

[quote="dronald, post:6, topic:337499"]
I like how every single word is posted side by side of the entire Gospel, chronologically.

[/quote]

Which kind of leads really into an interesting question: what do you mean by "chronologically"?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.