Chuck todd deceiver ? What do you think?

NBC admits Chuck Todd’s ‘Meet the Press’ deceptively edited Barr remarks on Flynn

Gregg Re

By Gregg Re | Fox News

NBC News’ Chuck Todd aired a deceptively edited clip of Attorney General Bill Barrdiscussing the Michael Flynn case during his “Meet the Press” broadcast on Sunday, prompting the network to concede the mistake hours later – but there is still no word on whether Todd will apologize on-air.

Asked by CBS News’ Catherine Herridge how history would judge the DOJ’s decision to move to dismiss the Flynn case, Barr initially responded, laughing: “Well, history is written by the winners, so it largely depends on who’s writing the history.”

After the brief clip aired, Todd remarked that he was “struck by the cynicism of the answer – it’s a correct answer, but he’s the attorney general. He didn’t make the case that he was upholding the rule of law. He was almost admitting that, yeah, this was a political job.”

In the full clip, which the NBC show did not air, Barr immediately went on to state explicitly that, in fact, he felt the Flynn decision upheld the rule of law.

“I think a fair history would say it was a good decision because it upheld the rule of law,” Barr said. "It upheld the standards of the Department of Justice,

Barr said. “It upheld the standards of the Department of Justice, and it undid what was an injustice.”

Fox News calling the kettle black:

and the list goes on an on an on and on

Its not just Chuck Todd. Deception, Lies, Intentional Misrepresentation are the media’s standard operating procedures.

I agree they are not Trump, who can misrepresent and accuse without evidence every week.
42% approve of that conduct. Todd’s numbers are lower.

But…But… But…Look over there at Trump. HE is the real problem! :roll_eyes:

Trump, in my opinion, is largely a reaction to being lied to all the time by the media, they created him.

2 Likes

Yes, Chuck Todd deceptively edited the video.

Now I await all of your posts that have nothing to do with Chuck Todd deceptively editing the video.

4 Likes

The OPPOSITE. TO TRUMPS CREDIT, HE CREATES THEM.
SLAPS THEM AND SPITS ON THEM WITH FAKE NEWS AND ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE.
Honestly, it is how every fight is provoked.

Too late. Simply taking Todd to task is too much to ask for Ridgesprinter and Maximus. They have to pivot to the one semi-conservative prominent media outlet or to Trump.

4 Likes

It is funny that it was the very next post right after mine that pivoted

1 Like

I wrote a post immediately saying Todd was wrong when someone furnished the part he left out. Which I didn’t see when I watched his show as he broadcasted it. I didn’t need to be redundant. I was in the first wave.

“fake news” existed before Trump came along. I dont recall that specific term being used but the whole biased reporting, leaving out what we don’t want you to know, spin to say what we want the story to say type news reporting absolutely existed before Trump. People began to see the media for what they really are which is one reason Trump is president today.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.