Church attendance on Good Friday

In addition to the Palm Sunday and Holy Thursday attendance threads, what was the attendance at your parish for Good Friday?

Less people at my parish than yesterday.

Slightly less than on a normal Sunday, but definitely a lot more than last night.

About the same or slightly more than last night, but pretty good for being at 1:00 pm on a work day.

Packed. :amen:

Packed here too! :thumbsup:

The parking lot was jammed, people parking where there weren’t even real spots. Start to finish (not including Rosary and Divine Mercy afterward) was about two and a half hours. All of our Triduum Masses are EF.

~Liza

That describes ours too!

Full church for Noon stations . . . 8pm is Good Friday service, so I don’t know yet.

Lots of people!!! I was so happy to see this! I was afraid that my husband and I would be the only young people as we were a lot of the time back in Ottawa, but here in Alexandria I was pleasantly surprised! Lots of young people, older folks, babies and children everywhere!!! :grouphug:

Packed!Many people left standing. Good Friday is a public holiday in south africa. Thats why attendance is so good

Full church for Noon stations . . . 8pm is Good Friday service, so I don’t know yet.

Ours was packed also!!!

Don’t know yet, but last night was pretty full.

We went to the 3:00 PM Good Friday liturgy today. Attendance was slightly more than a normal Sunday morning mass.

Funny/Interesting thing happened…during the prayer after the homily where everyone kneels and stands, kneels and stands, kneels and stands…Father had to cut it short. After about the eighth time down, there were actually audible groans at the words, “Let us pray for…” Must have been some arthritic knees acting up.

Glory to Jesus Christ,

Attending vespers with traditional funeral procession tonight, but I’m sure it will be packed just as last night was (I attend a small Byzantine Catholic parish). Many showed up this morning for matins and the reading of the Twelve Gospels.

I pray you all have a blessed Great and Holy Friday,
ZP

[quote=rick43235;6479243 **After the homily where everyone kneels and stands, kneels and stands, kneels and stands…Father had to cut it short. After about the eighth time down, there were actually audible groans at the words, “Let us pray for…” Must have been some arthritic knees acting up./
[/quote]

QUOTE]

You can say that again! I stayed sitting. If I’d knelt throughout I’d still be there on my benders!
Packed church at Stations (10am) and the Good Friday Liturgy (3pm) with standing rook only also packed.:thumbsup:

More than last night for our 3 pm service today, but there was still room for more.

Father delivered his homily seated. We remained standing for the intercessions.

We venerated the cross by kneeling.

Peaceful, but moving. I was struck by the bare-ness when I entered.

Packed last night (SRO), packed at noon for Stations, packed at 1:00 for Good Friday service.

Palm Sunday was packed, standing room only. Holy Thursday was pretty well attended, but there was still some seating available. Holy Thursday Evening prayer was not that well attended at all, but most of the time, neither is Eucharistic Adoration at my church. It saddens me in one way, and in another way I’m very thankful. The church is very quiet during Eucharistic Adoration, Evening prayer etc, so its much easier to concentrate, meditate & listen in the stillness of my heart to what God is telling me. Its also very sad though, because many Catholics are not taking advantage of these hidden treasures that God has bestowed upon us, that help make us grow in our faith, and in our love and service to God & others. We had a crosswalk Today in my town, that is sponsored by many different churches in my community, and that had a very nice turnout. We just had 3:00 veneration of the cross/Eucharist at my church and that was pretty well attended, but again, the church wasn’t packed. We have our final Stations Of The Cross for Lent tonight at 7:00 and i’m betting that its gonna be pretty crowded, it usually is.

People were sitting and kneeling in the side aisles.

At our parish we had the bishop say mass so it was really crowded.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.