Church fathers from the Catholic perspective

Perhaps this isn’t the correct place to post this thread, but the normal book section seems a little more oriented towards pop culture.

I need a book recommendation!

What I’m looking for, ideally: I want a “historic narrative,” though will settle for straight history (I am a history major) abfrom a Catholic perspective, on the early Christian church fathers, with an emphasis on the development of theology/liturgy/tradition (if you can call it “development”) in the early church, going from apostles, to disciples, to fathers, if possible. Make sense?

Thanks so much! If someone recommends something that sounds good I’ll order today!

PS-- I was thinking of " Fathers Know Best" on the Catholic Answers bookstore, but it seems to be more of a collection of sayings rather than an actual history of ideas and practice, but I may be wrong.

Didache (teachings of the 12 apostles) is a good start.

Check out this link, and do a google search of didache and you may find what you are looking for.

By Pope Benedict XVI:
The Apostles: The Origin of the Church and Their Co-workers
Jesus, the Apostles, and the Early Church
The Fathers (this one is about the Apostolic Fathers)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.