Church history books

Can anyone recommend some good one volume church history books that give an overall unbiased presentation of the Catholic Church?

thanks

ST 100:

Try Christ the King, Lord of History. Author: Anne Carrol. Thouroughly readable and Christocentric in approach.

There’s Triumph by HW Crocker III. He is a convert from the Anglican Church.

God bless.

[quote=AquinasXVI]ST 100:

There’s Triumph by HW Crocker III. He is a convert from the Anglican Church.

God bless.
[/quote]

Agreed on “Triumph” by Crocker. After reading that I wanted to put a Papal flag out in my front yard. Not that he dodges the bad parts of Church history, he puts it in historical context. Something that alot of anti-Catholic writers never seem to do.

It’s a great read.

I’ll third Triumph. Awesome, awesome book. Its refreshing to read someone who doesn’t apologize for the Crusades & Inquisition. Its a very easy read, written for those that aren’t into traditional style history books…

A Papal flag eh? Thats a great idea! Can I steal it from you (the idea I mean)? :thumbsup:

[quote=AquinasXVI]Try Christ the King, Lord of History. Author: Anne Carrol. Thouroughly readable and Christocentric in approach.
[/quote]

Yay for Mrs. Carroll! I have the honor of having her as my history teacher. Her husband, Dr. Warren Carroll, also has a book (actually a volume of books) called The History of Christendom. It’s pretty heavy reading, but thorough. Dr. Carroll is a convert from atheism.

Another vote for “Triumph”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.