Church in Video Game Map?

I make video game maps as a hobby. I have been remaking a town map I made about a year ago with better quality stuff. However, I decided to make a church enterable which was previously not enterable. The church I made is detailed. It has an Altar and Tabernacle and stained glass from the public domain.

In a perfect world there would be no problems with such a church in a map. However, some people who download the map might maliciously vandalize the church. On the other hand, perhaps the church will make people start thinking about God in the back of their mind and quite possibly lead to them becoming a Catholic.

I’m stuck between whether I should remove the church from the map or not. :bigyikes:

Here’s a link to a picture of the inside of the church. It is pre-Vatican II because the map is set in 1958.
i.imgur.com/lh6hEVK.jpg

it’s not a real church.

Keep it in!

Does the very real possibility of vandalism deter people from building real churches? :wink:

:thumbsup:

Talk to your priest, Melodeonist. This is your scruples talking.

Hi,

First of all, the church that you designed for your video game map is beautiful. :slight_smile:

Secondly, you designed this church with good intentions- you are showing your faith in your everyday life. That is good. You were not designing it for someone to do something bad to it- **please do not worry about it. ** ( I know this can be hard sometimes, but really, you are ok.:thumbsup:)

God bless! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies! I will keep the church in the map. :slight_smile:

If anyone was interested, here’s a picture of the outside of the church.
i.imgur.com/yw3hWe0.jpg

:thumbsup:

That is a very cool hobby, Melodeonist. Thanks for sharing it with CAF. I definitely think you should leave the church on the map. May God bless you.

I uploaded the map with the church, so it is now possible for people to visit it. :slight_smile:

Here’s the page with the map.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687906465

Here’s a tour of it, if you are interested.
youtube.com/watch?v=11MIA_ZHT7E

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.