Church near Douglasville, Georgia?

Can anyone recommend a good, orthodox, parish near the Douglasville, Georgia area? Probably something within 10 miles of Douglasville?

[quote=Elzee]Can anyone recommend a good, orthodox, parish near the Douglasville, Georgia area? Probably something within 10 miles of Douglasville?
[/quote]

Nope. But I can recommend a nice Southern Baptist Church called First Baptist of Atlanta. I think it’s in Dunwoody. The pastor is the nationally televised ministry of Dr. Charles Stanley. He has authored many books too! :wink:

masstimes.org/dotNet/showchurches.aspx?type=uscity&q=&country=United+States+of+America&city=Douglasville&countrycode=US&statecode=GA

I’d really recommend St. Francis de Sales, which is located in Mableton and is about 12 miles from Douglasville, according to the site I provided. The parish is an indult Tridentine Latin Mass parish, and it’s very orthodox. But then again, I’m biased, as it’s my own parish. :wink:

bump for Elzee

Thanks DavidJoseph. Do they have a website? It’s for a friend of mine who is wanting to look into the Catholic faith, and I want to be sure she visits an orthodox church. Is it an active parish? She comes from a very fundamenetalist background and is looking for a parish that will also offer various ministries she can get involved in (perhaps adult bible studies/catechism classes, vacation bible school, choir, etc.). She is not a ‘Sunday’ only Christian and wants to be active in her faith.

Thanks also CatherineofA - but just not what I’m looking for right now!

theresaway.com/Index.html

This is a Catholic church in Douglasville. I’ve never been there, just found it on the web. I poked around the site, it seems ok. They have Eucharistic adoration, they advertise NFP in their bulletin, and they seem to have many opportunities for lay ministry.
They also link to EWTN, and other good Catholic sites. Liberal parishes don’t offer links to EWTN.

[quote=Elzee]Thanks DavidJoseph. Do they have a website? It’s for a friend of mine who is wanting to look into the Catholic faith, and I want to be sure she visits an orthodox church. Is it an active parish? She comes from a very fundamenetalist background and is looking for a parish that will also offer various ministries she can get involved in (perhaps adult bible studies/catechism classes, vacation bible school, choir, etc.). She is not a ‘Sunday’ only Christian and wants to be active in her faith.

Thanks also CatherineofA - but just not what I’m looking for right now!
[/quote]

www.francisdesales.com

I really don’t know anything about parish ministries there. I’m sure teaching Sunday school would be an option. I don’t know anything about any Bible studies or catechism classes, though. And we do have a choir, but it’s a men’s choir – a schola.

And btw, rayne, St. Francis de Sales doesn’t have a link to EWTN, but it’s a far from liberal parish. :wink:

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your help!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.