Church of England refuses to recognize "same-sex marriage"

pravoslavie.ru/english/100648.htm

I am pleasantly surprised!

Interesting developments in light of Norway’s Lutheran Church.

My signature sums up my feelings on the matter.

Me, too! :):thumbsup::yup::bounce::clapping::smiley:

I was not expecting that. I don’t know why, but I assumed they already recognized it. I guess that is just the episcopal church here in the states.

Excellent article and it’s nice to have marriage defined in a Biblical way by the COE.

I do wonder what is intended by this sentence clipped from the article in the original post.

However, church law should give “maximum freedom” to gay couples, giving clergy some leeway in certain cases, the report also states. **

Mary said at one of Her visions (I believe it might have been Fatima) that the final battle between God and Satan will be about the attack on marriage (real marriage of one man, one woman) and family. I take all She has said to heart. Prophecies have been fulfilled all throughout the ages, and this is undoubtedly the most wicked, blackest age.

Sr Lucia of Fatima:

the final battle between the Lord and the reign of Satan will be about marriage and the family. Don’t be afraid, she added, because anyone who works for the sanctity of marriage and the family will always be fought and opposed in every way, because this is the decisive issue. And then she concluded: however, Our Lady has already crushed its head.

Saint John Paul 11:

“It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this [same-sex marriage] is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man.”

I thought the CoE already recognized same sex marriage so I am surprised by this.
I wish the Episcopal church in America would also refuse.

:thumbsup:

…and well it should.

In the civil arena, in a few years there may be marriages with multiple partners involved, who knows. Or, incestuous marriages, or marriages with animals. That doesn’t change anything inside the Church, the Body of Christ.

Remember, we’re in that boat with the apostles being tossed on the sea of Galilee. Christ SENT the apostles out onto the water, into the storm. That is where we should be.

As far as I can tell it means they allow clergy to marry same sex couples but will not adopt it as an official teaching. After all, they still allow gay people to be clergy and enter into civil partnerships.

I recall the Queen stating she was not in favor of same sex marriage, maybe some behind the scenes influence took place.

I really appreciate the bolded part of your post. Very insightful. :thumbsup:

No, that is incorrect. The CofE is legally barred from marrying same-sex partners.

If they went against Christian tradition and Scripture then they could very well split and lose the majority of Anglicans who live in Africa.

Inclusion ain’t all it pretends to be.

Rather unlike them, good to see they made the right decision.

I’m glad to see that the world is beginning to shift back to common sense, rather than the insanity has been going on.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.