Church Policy Regarding Ordination of Homosexual Men

What is the Church’s policy on ordaining homosexual men to the priesthood? Can they be ordained since they will take a vow of celibacy? Could a homosexual priest then become the pastor of a parish? I read on one of the threads a post by a protestant who said there are more homosexual priests than there are homosexual protestant ministers. Could this be true?

All of this was said in light of the recent vote by a certain Lutheran sect to allow the ordination of homosexuals and women. I have known priests that I suspected of being homosexual, and they were good and effective priests much loved by their people. Of course, the possibiity of their being homosexual was never, ever a matter of discussion. Thank you for your reply.

The following links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality and the priesthood. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading: **
[LIST]
*]
Can I be a priest if I have SSA?**
*]Does the Church allow homosexual priests?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.