Church shooting

Fred Winters, Pastor of the First Baptist Church in Maryville, IL was shot and killed this morning at his Church. Several others were wounded including the gunman. Please pray for all involved. :gopray:

Praying for all those wounded and for the family of the minister who was shot
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying for all those involved

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying for all involved :highprayer:

A few years ago, in my hometown, we had a mentally unstable person kill a parish priest in the church. The event rocked the community. I will pray for the repose of the soul of Pastor Fred Winters, and for the safety of all of our clergy – separated brethren or not.

Hail mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amoung women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death Amen.

Praying for all involved in this tragic situation.

Hail mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amoung women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death Amen.

For those who were wounded, and for the family of Rev. Fred Winters~

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those
who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Eternal rest grant unto Fred Winters, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.

Amen.

Father I ask You to protect Your pastors and Your people from attack and murder. Please protect those who live the gospel from persecution.
Please welcome this pastor into Your merciful love, and give comfort and strength to his family, friends, and congregation.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day
Our daily bread
And forgive us our tresspasses
As we forgive those who tresspass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But Deliver us from evil.
Amen

Lord God, please console those who knew this man, and strengthen this Christian community. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.