Churches to attend mass at while traveling

I have to make some business trips at times that have me gone from home for over a week sometimes. I was wondering if there were any suggestions on where to attend mass while I’m traveling. My upcoming travels will take me to:

Minneapolis, MN
Tewksbury/Andover, MA
Austin, TX
Anaheim, CA

God Bless

I grew up in the Tewksbury/Andover area, so I can help you out a little bit there. My preference for Mass in that area would be St. Monica’s in Methuen: stmonicamethuen.org/. There are really great, profoundly Orthodox co-pastors there. However, if that is too far of a drive for where you are staying (it may be 20 minutes if you are closer to Tewksbury than Andover), you could attend St. Michaels in Andover, MA. saint-michael.org/

Go to Masstimes.org (or maybe it is masstime.com,not sure) and put in the city and they give a listing of curches and masses.

you were right… Masstimes.org

Paul

MassTimes.org is a great website, but just having the address and time of Mass doesn’t give the full picture of what a parish is like.

If you are looking for a more conservative parish, check out how often Confession is offered, where or not there is Perpetual Adoration, whether they have Holy Hours, Vespers, Benediction, etc.

This is a more speculative way to choose, but if you can find a web page for a parish, I am of the opinion that if you see the word “Community” prominently placed on the web page, you will find that parish to be more contemporary in its liturgies.

I am in Minneapolis. It’s a big area. Where will you be working/staying? Send me an email too as I don’t get back here as regularly as I used to. I will respond on the Forum though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.