CIA Veteran John Kiriakou Says U.S. is Police State, Obama Declared War on Whistleblowers

Kiriakou said:

“I think that President Obama just like President Bush has made a conscious decision to allow the torturers, to allow the people who conceived of the tortures and implemented the policy, to allow the people who destroyed the evidence of the torture and the attorneys who used specious legal analysis to approve of the torture to walk free. And I think that once this decision has been made, that’s the end of it and nobody will be prosecuted, except me.”

opposingviews.com/i/politics/foreign-policy/war-terror/video-cia-veteran-john-kiriakou-says-us-police-state-obama

And… you are surprised by this…?

[quote="Nimzovik, post:2, topic:313435"]
And.......... you are surprised by this............?

[/quote]

No, I am not surprised by the lawless ones occupying our seats of power any more.

I am not surprised, just disgusted and saddened that the one with the courage to expose the criminal, demonic activity of our government is going to prison whilst the ones responsible for torturing and authorizing the torture are getting away with their crimes.

“The idea that our government would be using drone aircraft to assassinate American citizens who have never seen the inside of a courtroom, who have never been charged with a crime and have not had due process which is their constitutional right would have been unthinkable. And it is something now that happens every year, every so often, every few weeks, every few months and there is no public outrage. I think this is a very dangerous development.”

Sounds like a police state!

Opinion

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.