Claire McCaskill distances herself from Clinton

“Those are kind of fighting words for me, because I’m partial to Missouri voters,” said Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), who is running in a state Trump won by 19 points. “I think they were expressing their frustration with the status quo. I may not have agreed with their choice, but I certainly respect them. And I don’t think that’s the way you should talk about any voter, especially ones in my state.”

Even though she endorsed her in 2016:

The idea of Hillary Clinton being shunned by fellow democrats brings a smile to my face. Her remarks in India were insulting.
However, typical of politicians, they are worried about their vote and their jobs.
Once the elections are over with, they will no doubt embrace Hillary again. Especially if they want Hillary to endorse them!

Hillary just proved that she really does think Trump supporters are deplorable.

3 Likes

A view widely shared by Dems on CAF, by the way.

5 Likes

Yes…I have noticed.

I don’t know. I think Hillary will slip into irrelevance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later.

One can always hope!:raised_hands:

1 Like

I think that depends on whether they want to use her for DNC fundraising. She can still pull in the money.

Since Hillary lost, I think most Democrats were prefer she go away.

2 Likes

And in 2008 she endorsed Obama over Clinton.

Can you cite a source?

2 Likes

Thanks! I knew you could.

1 Like

That should help her win some more Trump voters over!

I would argue that the Repubs and other Trump supporters feel the same way towards those who criticize Trump.

1 Like

Always the curmudgeon. :slight_smile:

I think when it comes to “criticizing Trump” in terms of, way, policy issues, that is not true. But it does draw negative reaction from Trump supporters when the anti-Trump attack is personal, and particularly when it includes disdain for his supporters.

Here on CAF, that would include nearly every Trump-related thread.

2 Likes

Personally, I rarely make any comment towards Trump that could be considered a personal attack, but the overwhelming majority of my comments are policy disagreements. I will admit, that I have criticized his character, but I have done the same regarding Bill Clinton as well, I personally think character is important. Yet I have frequently been attacked personally for disagreeing with Trump’s policies.

It seems to be a common technique here to attack any criticism of Trump by basically calling the person a hater. It’s especially interesting when it comes from someone who defends Trump for all issues (political or personal).

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.