Clarification

My wife and I were married in a small, non-sacramental service because my annulment was not final. It is now final and I am wondering about the Church’s viewpoint on my wife and I resuming an initimate physical relationship. Is this allowable without commiting a sin?

Hi Gaancho,

If you married civilly while waiting for a declaration of nullity on a previous marriage, you still need to have your current civil marriage convalidated in order for it to be valid and you and your wife to resume relations. The convalidation should not be much of a problem assuming there are no other impediments to marriage. The very first thing you need to do is talk to your priest and he can let you know what’s next.

[quote="Sasha, post:2, topic:206265"]
Hi Gaancho,

If you married civilly while waiting for a declaration of nullity on a previous marriage, you still need to have your current civil marriage convalidated in order for it to be valid and you and your wife to resume relations. The convalidation should not be much of a problem assuming there are no other impediments to marriage. The very first thing you need to do is talk to your priest and he can let you know what's next.

[/quote]

Sasha,

On which part of the Catechism did you base your reply? What about my question regarding sin and if it is a sin, in what way? Thanks.

Gaancho

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.