Clarify Original Sin and the Body?

My thoughts, I think they are problematic, but I don’t know exactly where. Please pick them apart and tell me where I’m wrong.

1. Man is created connected to God, body and soul. (Adam was to have lived forever.)

2. Man made a choice that HE knew what was best, HE had the knowledge of what was good and bad for himself, not God. Thus a disconnect from God.

3. Man (Adam and Eve), now with imperfect body and soul, disconnected from God, begins to wither, and die. But slowly, like a plant drying up. In this time he has children, they inherit the imperfet body.

4. God breathes a perfect soul into each child. But the body, coming as it does from other imperfect bodies, is imperfect/disconnected. Perfect soul + Imperfect Body = Imperfect human. (human = spirt + animal ) Born imperfect = Original Sin.

5. Christ’s perfect soul* mixes with matter and sanctifies it.

6. Man has the opportunity, via the Sacrifice of the Cross, to reconnect with God, body (Eucharist) and soul (Baptism/Reconciliation).

Sooo… If a man and woman, both in total communion with the Church, then have a child, how is that child still disconnected from God (ie. original sin) seeing as how both husband and wife are restored to the state of Adam and Eve pre-fall?

• Did Christ have a soul? (see number 5 above)

Yes Christ has a soul:
From John.
38Then He said to them, “My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me.” And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.”

And in answer to the previous question.
A couple in communion with the church, are still categorized as “sinners”. We are all sinners, therefore we aren’t perfect. Only perfect people can have perfect children.

[quote=Chipper]A couple in communion with the church, are still categorized as “sinners”. We are all sinners, therefore we aren’t perfect. Only perfect people can have perfect children.
[/quote]

Thanks for answering the question of Christ’s soul…

Now, I don’t think I understand how people who have been washed of their sins and who “have life within them” from the Eucharist are still sinners… Wouldn’t they be ex-sinners? At least until they sinned again, which we all hope they might not?

Can someone explain that?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.