CLEAN movies

Hey.
So I started this thread for one specific reason. I cannot find any good movies anymore! My mom (I'm 15 btw) says that I've watched all the good ones. But most of the movies I pick to watch have sex in them and it's really irritating. It's not so bad if it's sex when the couple is married, like in Marley and Me and Saint Rita, but it's usually just people who are dating or even a couple who has just met! It's terrible. I love romance and chick flicks. Even some action movies, as long as they're not gory. However I cannot find them anymore. If you have ANY suggestions as to some good movies to watch, please let me know.
I'm a movie fanatic. I LOVE watching movies. Please help me!

I am Legand
Wall-e
Book of Eli
the two new batman movies

sorry im a bit of an action junky:whacky:

Kind of hard to answer considering I have no clue what you have and haven't seen, but as far as romantic movies go "Ten Things I Hate About You" is a pretty entertaining movie that pushes a decent view of sex.

Otherwise you could try looking through the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops movie site: usccb.org/movies/

I know that many find movie reviews by religious organizations questionable, and rightly so, but honestly I think this is one of the best movie review sites on the web. Even if you don't care so much about things like sex and gore being in movies the reviews separate movie quality and morality into two separate categories which allows you to make informed decisions. The reviews often tend to be a lot better than most "professional" reviews I have read and go the extra step to tell you what to expect.

The USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) reviews movies on their website, both new releases and older films. They have their own rating system and descriptions of the movies along with what might be found objectionable in the movie.

usccb.org/movies/

Romeo + Juliet portrays sex in a good way, I mean they marry first!!
But taking religion and sex aside, there's plenty of good films out there.

The Princess Bride, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Dark Crystal.
I also suggest the Japanese films from Studio Ghibli which include Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro and Howls Moving Castle.

[quote="Blood_Angel, post:5, topic:234266"]
Romeo + Juliet portrays sex in a good way, I mean they marry first!!
But taking religion and sex aside, there's plenty of good films out there.

The Princess Bride, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Dark Crystal.
I also suggest the Japanese films from Studio Ghibli which include Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro and Howls Moving Castle.

[/quote]

ANYTHING by Studio Ghibli is bound to be good.

It also depends on your tastes. For intance Jaws is good but violent. I could recomend hundreds of good anime movies but you may not be into anime :shrug:

please specify what kind of movies you are looking for so we can help you with your search.

ok, so some people weren't clear on what kind of movies I was looking for. Well, mainly just romance, but I do love anime however it's not available much in my local video store and I don't rent things online. But, I also like action but nothing like Jaws. Jaws is way too bloody. I like action movies like Avatar, RED (Retired Extremely Dangerous), irobot, and so on. Thank you!

[quote="jesusfreak4ever, post:7, topic:234266"]
ok, so some people weren't clear on what kind of movies I was looking for. Well, mainly just romance, but I do love anime however it's not available much in my local video store and I don't rent things online. But, I also like action but nothing like Jaws. Jaws is way too bloody. I like action movies like Avatar, RED (Retired Extremely Dangerous), irobot, and so on. Thank you!

[/quote]

Would you be interested in older films?

There is a movie from the 60's called "Love with a Proper Stranger" with Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood.

No bad words, no love scenes or nudity.

The plot is they sin and she gets pregnant (not shown) they are tempted to do something terrible..but don't. I don't want to give away the rest of the film....but it's a good story...a bit intense, but a mature 15 year old should be able to handle it.

Also, if you like "I Love Lucy" "The Long Long Trailer" is really cute. It has Desi and Lucy taking a road trip in a trailer.

If you like animated films, "The triplets of Bellville" might be interesting. It's about a grandmother and bicycle racing grandson, who gets kidnapped.

There is a flash of animated nudity though, a version of Josephine Baker's banana dance.

ok, so some people weren't clear on what kind of movies I was looking for. Well, mainly just romance

[/quote]

I'd say Breakfast At Tiffany's. It's an older film, but my opinion, the greatest love story, from a working class point of view. It's about moving around through life, and connecting with people and places, etc.

[/quote]

If you're looking for a chick flick, I absolutely love Return To Me. I'll revisit this thread if I can think of others, but right now my brain seems to be on vacation. :p

[quote="SummerSmiles, post:10, topic:234266"]
If you're looking for a chick flick, I absolutely love Return To Me. I'll revisit this thread if I can think of others, but right now my brain seems to be on vacation. :p

[/quote]

:thumbsup: You beat me to it, I totally agree with Return To Me! David Duchovny (sp.?) & the Irish girl from Good Will Hunting... Can't think of her name. His wife dies & she receives his wife's heart in a transplant surgery. Given the serious subject matter, it is surprisingly funny & very touching. I think Bonnie Hunt directed it with a small budget & some of her close friends.

I LOVE Pride & Prejudice with Kiera Knightley. My daughter was very disturbed after watching a sexualized film at a sleepover. I showed her P&P to show her an example of romance & how a man should cherish a woman. We both love it now & her sister couldn't wait to watch it with us when she was old enough to appreciate it & not be "bored". A Walk To Remember is also wonderful!

I'd like to suggest "The Trouble with Angels". It's an older movie, dating from the late 1960's, but it's a sweet and funny depiction of life in a Catholic boarding school.

There's a Catholic movie rental service now. It's a mail-in system, like Netflix. It's called Pius Media. If you do a search for it, you should be able to get to their site. They have a pretty good selection of modern and older films, and no inappropriate content to worry about. They have movies which are about the Church, and some which are not, but all of them are essentially clean-cut and shouldn't pose a problem. A lot of fun. (I've been a member before, I don't work for them.) :)

[quote="Tenebrae, post:12, topic:234266"]
I'd like to suggest "The Trouble with Angels". It's an older movie, dating from the late 1960's, but it's a sweet and funny depiction of life in a Catholic boarding school.

[/quote]

Great movie. Worth the see.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.