Clear Evidence 2006 Congressional Elections Hacked

opednews.com/articles/genera_rob_kall_061117_clear_evidence_2006_.htm

A major undercount of Democratic votes and an overcount of Republican votes in U.S. House and Senate races across the country is indicated by an analysis of national exit polling data, by the Election Defense Alliance (EDA), a national election integrity organization.

These findings have led EDA to issue an urgent call for further investigation into the 2006 election results and a moratorium on deployment of all electronic election equipment.

“We see evidence of pervasive fraud, but apparently calibrated to political conditions existing before recent developments shifted the political landscape,” said attorney Jonathan Simon, co-founder of Election Defense Alliance, “so ‘the fix’ turned out not to be sufficient for the actual circumstances.” Explained Simon, "When you set out to rig an election, you want to do just enough to win. The greater the shift from expectations, (from exit polling, pre-election polling, demographics) the greater the risk of exposure–of provoking investigation. What was plenty to win on October 1 fell short on November 7.

“The findings raise urgent questions about the electoral machinery and vote counting systems used in the United States,” according to Sally Castleman, National Chair of EDA. “This is a nothing less than a national indictment of the vote counting process in the United States!”

Figured something like this would happen. We need to go back to paper ballots.

EDA? Who are they?

Exit polls are prone to show at least a 6% advantage to the Democrats.

Yet another conspiracy theory. :yawn:

The Democrats always complain when the Republicans win.

No wait …

Actually, it is more likely that the exit polls did not reflect what the pollers thought it would.

It assumes that people are honest and does not account for absentee voting.

All I know is that I find it very curious that in many states where there is a Republican Secretary of State, they don’t want any paper trail (Florida), and in many states where there is a Democratic Secretary of State (Illinois), they do want a paper trail.

Even after machines are “eating” votes and there have been incidents where the machines don’t register correctly, someone needs to explain why there has been so much resistance to a paper trail.

The fact that people are so dismissive of a paper trail simply breeds suspicion in the electoral process. Both sides should be prepared to give whatever it takes so that everyone in America has confidence in our system of voting.

If you don’t have a paper trail how do you do a recount? Answer: you can’t. So the answer, I think, is for voters in those states to demand a paper trail.

This sounds a bit hokey, and the website reminded me a lot of WorldNet and similar dubious sources of news.

The thing is. Not every Democrat won. Only then will they be happy. Of course you then have a one party system :rolleyes:

I agree with you, gilliam. Down in Florida in K. Harris’ old district, there are 18,000 votes “missing” in the House election. And there’s no way to check what happened. Now, chances are high that the Republican won that seat because it’s a Republican district. But the fact that there’s no way to check just makes the election have no authenticity.

What I do not understand is why any Secretary of State would actively discourage the ability to have a paper trail?

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_12_6.gif Paper trail ??

smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZN

I don’t understand it either. :confused:

Hey, wait a minute, if the Democrats won why is there a problem? Its only when GOP wins are there investigations.

Oh, for crying out loud. Do we have a “beating my head against the wall” smiley?

That one --> :banghead:

First-- You’re quoting opednews.com, not a source which can generally be trusted for unbiased information.

Second-- I read part of the article on the site, and if I understand correctly, the EDA compared exit polling results with the official poll results. It is a well-known fact that exit polls are almost always skewed to favor Democrats. It’s a biased sample–they don’t ensure that equal amounts of Republicans and Democrats answer the exit poll questions. So it’s silly to infer from the difference in the two results that someone, somewhere was rigging things to make it look like Republicans were getting an official vote boost. The difs in poll numbers don’t “absolutely” tell us anything about the process, as the site would have us believe.

Don’t believe everything you read.

I don’t really get the point of the article anyway - the democrats won. But, I don’t really see how they get overvotes and undervotes.

Isn’t it interesting that you don’t hear all the “we were denied the right to vote” nonsense when the dems win? The dems winning meant a lot of lawyers didn’t get to make the big bucks trying to prove election fraud.

At least the Republicans can take the loss and move on.

The original “scandal” on balloting revolved around “misuse” of the butterfly ballot … which ironically was designed by a Democrat and was used or misused in Democratically-controlled voting precincts.

On the other hand, the Democrats did not sue because military absentee ballots were allegedly not counted properly.

Those butterfly ballots had been used for some years in Florida. I used them myself and had no problem with them. The Director of Elections was, indeed, a Democrat, who approved the ballots. Part of the problem there was that someone placed calls to some of the elderly folks on the east coast and instilled in their minds that maybe they had voted improperly. When something like that gets started it snowballs. And the appearance of Jesse Jackson on the scene did nothing but rile people up. 'Twas an interesting time to live there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.