Climate change scandal deepens as BBC expert claims he was sent 'cover-up' emails a month before they went public

The controversy surrounding the global warming scandal today deepened after a BBC correspondent admitted he was sent the leaked emails more than a month before they were made public.

Paul Hudson, weather presenter and climate change expert, claims the documents allegedly sent between some of the world's leading scientists are of a direct result of an article he wrote.

In his BBC blog two days ago, Hudson said: 'I was forwarded the chain of emails on the 12th October, which are comments from some of the world's leading climate scientists written as a direct result of my article "Whatever Happened To Global Warming".'

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230943/Climate-change-scandal-BBC-expert-sent-cover-emails-month-public.html#ixzz0Xw3Yz0Ws

UPDATE: Related: Explosive — Climategate Files Were Leaked To BBC But They Refused To Cover The Story.

GEORGE MONBIOT ON CLIMATEGATE: Pretending the climate email leak isn’t a crisis won’t make it go away. “I have seldom felt so alone. Confronted with crisis, most of the environmentalists I know have gone into denial. . . . The response of the greens and most of the scientists I know is profoundly ironic, as we spend so much of our time confronting other people’s denial. Pretending that this isn’t a real crisis isn’t going to make it go away. Nor is an attempt to justify the emails with technicalities. We’ll be able to get past this only by grasping reality, apologising where appropriate and demonstrating that it cannot happen again.”

McIntyre: The deleted data from the “Hide the Decline” trick

For the very first time, the Climategate Letters “archived” the deleted portion of the Briffa MXD reconstruction of “Hide the Decline” fame – see here. Gavin Schmidt claimed that the decline had been “hidden in plain sight” (see here. ). This isn’t true.

The post-1960 data was deleted from the archived version of this reconstruction at NOAA here and not shown in the corresponding figure in Briffa et al 2001. Nor was the decline shown in the IPCC 2001 graph, one that Mann, Jones, Briffa, Folland and Karl were working in the two weeks prior to the “trick” email (or for that matter in the IPCC 2007 graph, an issue that I’ll return to.)

A retrieval script follows.
[LEFT]For now, here is a graphic showing the deleted data in red. climateaudit.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/briffa_recon.gif[/LEFT]

Figure 1. Two versions of Briffa MXD reconstruction, showing archived and climategate versions. The relevant IPCC 2001 graph, shown below, clearly does not show the decline in the Briffa MXD reconstruction.Read the rest of this entry »

Actually they weren;t sent those emails. scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2009/11/no_bbc_was_not_sent_the_stolen.php

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.