Climate change to impact beer: scientist

tinyurl.com/3sbh7u

Climate change to impact beer: scientist

WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND — The price of beer is likely to rise in coming decades because climate change will hamper the production of a key grain needed for the brew — especially in Australia, a scientist warned Tuesday.

Jim Salinger, a climate scientist at New Zealand’s National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, said climate change likely will cause a decline in the production of malting barley in parts of New Zealand and Australia. Malting barley is a key ingredient of beer.

“It will mean either there will be pubs without beer or the cost of beer will go up,” Mr. Salinger told the Institute of Brewing and Distilling convention.

So the evil cabal is meeting at Global Warming Central, berating their Minister of Propaganda, "It isn’t working, Joe Sixpack just isn’t buying it!"
And thus was born a campaign to finally make the average Joe care about the planet :smiley:

Seriously, beer prices are going up already. There’s a shortage of barley due to farmers planting corn for ethanol or other crops for biodiesel. Adding insult to injury there’s a world wide hops shortage.

So, what I get from this is that all of you beer drinking slobs had better support “the agenda” if you want to continue to be able to belly up to the bar and say “fill er up”. So, start paying those “energy credits” (er…that means paying money to the government for the privilege of polluting the planet by flying your Al Gore style private jet), ride a bicycle to work, cut down the trees on your property and install a windmill farm (just don’t put those wind mills anywhere near where Ted Kennedy or his kin have to look at them), stop growing grain for the purpose of feeding people and instead grow that grain for ethanol production (even though using ethanol instead of gasoline causes more pollution), and throw away those incandescent light bulbs. Replace those bulbs with toxic mercury containing “energy saving bulbs”. Hey, I have a better idea, just switch from drinking beer to drinking wine…lots and lots of wine, you’ll need it for what is in store for the future.

Beer? Now we’re talkin’ trouble!

Oh dear, OH DEAR
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO
AHHHHHH
NO BEER!!!
AHHHH!!!
Maybe all the beer is in heaven
jumps off cliff

Ok, droughts and hurricanes, I can deal with. If my Guinness is at risk, this is getting serious.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.