Clinic offering 'abortion reversal' could open next to New Orleans Planned Parenthood

As soon as next year, a health clinic that aims to steer women away from abortion could open next door to the new Planned Parenthood office on South Claiborne Avenue in New Orleans, but its location is likely not nearly as controversial as one of its services.

The Woman’s New Life Center, which already has offices in Metairie and Baton Rouge, plans to bring so-called “abortion reversal” to New Orleans. It says the treatment can stop an abortion if administered soon after a woman takes the first of two chemical abortion pills.

”We work with the doctors that are trained in that protocol,” said Angela Thomas, the clinic’s CEO. “It’s really a beautiful program.”

theadvocate.com/article_4a41d554-6656-11e6-b0fd-bb080786ebc7.html

[quote=The Advocate]The success rate is about 55 percent, according to Delgado’s program’s website

But the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a national association of women’s health physicians, blasted the method in a fact sheet. “There are no ACOG guidelines that support this course of action,” the group wrote
. …
Further, the doctors association said the “reversal” might not really reverse anything. Even without administering progesterone, pregnancies will continue in about 30 to 50 percent of women who only take mifepristone, the group said.
[/quote]

:hmmm:

I am unsure about the safety of this procedure, as well as its effectiveness. However, I have never heard of it before and know nothing about it. Is there a neutral source where we can learn more?

Even if it works as described, it may backfire, as more women may decide to abort if they come to think it is “reversible”.

ICXC NIKA

I tend to agree with you.

Quite the opposite… And of course this is abortion PILL reversal…and there have been a few women who have reversed and had healthy babies.

It would be better if this new clinic were the first stop of a would-be abortionist.

But won’t they be overcome with guilt and shame, as humans are when they commit sins? Even if this is the case, it could drive them forth to the new clinic.

Praise be to God.

lifenews.com/2016/08/25/baby-saved-after-abortion-pill-was-reversed-is-starting-kindergarten-this-state-wants-to-save-more/

I suppose that abortion reversal is one way to repent. The baby gets saved at the same time too. If I were a baby, I would not want to be raised by the mother who attempted to abort me. It would be like becoming friends with the person who shot you while trying to kill you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.