Clinton aides kept tabs on anti-Trump elector gambit

Hillary Clinton’s top advisers never publicly backed an effort by Democrats on the Electoral College to block Donald Trump’s election. When it failed on Monday, one aide mocked it as an unserious “coup” attempt.

But a batch of correspondence obtained by POLITICO shows members of Clinton’s inner circle — including senior aides Jake Sullivan and Jennifer Palmieri — were in touch for weeks with one of the effort’s organizers as they mounted their ill-fated strategy. And despite repeated requests for guidance, Clinton’s team did not wave them off.

Call logs, emails and text messages reveal a Clinton campaign walking a tightrope — never fully endorsing the effort, but intentionally declining to stamp it out. The approach was comparable, one former campaign official said, to the campaign’s passive-but-not-dismissive response to long-shot recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

politico.com/story/2016/12/clinton-electoral-college-trump-232906

Time to move on…make America whole again!

Exactly. Her top advisors need to move on. What does she need advisors for anymore. Go home Hillary.

Trump won. Get over it. They will have another go in four ways so best they move on. This has already been the ugliest US Presidential election I have seen in my lifetime, so I see no reason to drag it out.

I expect they will coalesce around Obama and his efforts to subvert the new regime.
Obama isn’t staying in DC for his daughters.

He is another democrat that will need to move on. I am sure he and Michelle will have lucrative book deals.

I don’t know if Hillary is serious about running in 4 years, but I don’t expect the democrats to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs while Trump is president.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.