Clinton Blasted for Pushing Abortion in Canada’s G8 Maternal Health Plan

OTTAWA, Ontario, March 31, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Canadian and U.S. pro-life leaders are denouncing U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after she weighed in Tuesday on the debate over the Canadian government’s G8 maternal and child health initiative, insisting plainly that abortion is necessary for maternal health.

“You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health. And reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortion,” she told reporters when asked about Canada’s G8 initiative.

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/mar/10033108.html

So much for not imposing your “imperialistic” agenda on other countries. So where are those pro-Obama Catholics now?

Well, I didn’t find any of them here:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=443165

but lo and behold, I think I finally found some here:

http://www.giftsforhimorher.com/i/34513.jpg

Those who are merciful to the evil, will be cruel to the kind.
. -Talmudic proverb

Even if they will not raise a harsh word against Clinton evangelizing the message of death, the pro-Obama Catholics are not silent in their criticisms of conservatives carrying the message of life, discrediting the character of such conservatives, here , there and everywhere.

[quote="Darryl1958, post:3, topic:193077"]
Those who are merciful to the evil, will be cruel to the kind.
. -Talmudic proverb

Even if they will not raise a harsh word against Clinton evangelizing the message of death, the pro-Obama Catholics are not silent in their criticisms of conservatives carrying the message of life, discrediting the character of such conservatives, here , there and everywhere.

[/quote]

If you go to the website Emilys list, you can really do much of the unveiling of Hillary Clinton, women politicians and candidates who are liberal and pro-choice.

These women get money support from emilys list and other groups to support their sick and immoral agendas. It's all about their prestige and power. Not serving the American public,but to rule over them.

Catholics who support Obama, Hillary Clinton and blatant pro-choice,pro-so called same sex marriage politicians are not in communion with the Catholic Church. they are in mortal sin and need to repent. More Catholic bishops are coming forward with the Gospel message so this is no suprise to Catholics.

Thanks for posting that one. It is new to me and quite accurate.

I do not have a problem with Clinton making her views of Canada’s initiative known. This initiative deals with third world aid and involves the G8- it requires coordination among countries and thus we would want as much harmony as possible.

I completely disagree on the abortion issue. We are dealing with maternal health and this is no place for pushing abortion. Perhaps it would be okay in the limited sense of providing doctors who can provide abortions when it becomes necessary during a medical emergency- as part of comprehensive medical coverage.

I do think she was right on the contraception issue. Much of the aid will be going to Africa and other parts where AIDS is rampant. Contraceptives are a great way to reduce AIDS and protect women.

This was a very strange and ironic quote:
“I do not think governments should be involved in making these decisions. It is perfectly legitimate for people to hold their own personal views based on conscience, religion or any other basis,” she said. “But I’ve always believed the government should not intervene in decisions of such intimacy.”

So when I am deciding whether or not to fund my own medical costs out of pocket or via an government mandated insurance policy, the government has total control, but when I am deciding to kill a separate individual it is totally up to me because the latter is a “intimate” decision? What a bizarre world Ms. Clinton lives in.

AIDS isn't preventable as a large-scale operation. All we can do if make sure we pick the correct life-partner and protect ourselves.

Dear Mrs. Clinton,

We do not need nor want nor appreciate your patronizing of our country, who at least has a leader who is willing to stand up for important things like immunizations and clean water instead of parroting the naive and immoral view of "Africa = needs more condoms and abortion".

Signed,

Canada.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.