Cloistered convents - prayer requests

Do you know of a good cloistered convent that I can send prayer requests to? I need to storm the gates of heaven on several issues and your help will be greatly appreciated.

How about putting a prayer request on the EWTN site? The nuns at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery will pray for you:

ewtn.com/ewtn/information/question.asp

Here are some prayer request examples:

ewtn.com/faith/B_Board/prayerframes.htm

Thank you - that’s was the first place I went

adorationsisters.org/

We call them the “Pink Nuns” because they wear pink habits. I have sent them many payer requests and the situations have always had a positive outcomes. They are wonderful sisters!!!

Good luck!
Gabrielle

Dear kjd3smith,

Here’s another one for you, perhaps in your neighborhood. Feel free to go to their monastery and speak to the sister at the door about your needs.

Discalced Carmelite Nuns
600 South Flowers Avenue
Dallas - TX 75211-4413

There is a group of discalced Carmelite nuns in San Antonio (on Culebra) that has always helped me in prayer.

Interesting enough, this week I had a majot problem and my wife enlisted the help of one of her AOG (protestant) friends and her and her children prayed for me. Thanks be to God this request was aswered in a miraculous way.

If I ever cover the prayers of the religious faithful, I have learned to covet the prayers of children all the more (for of such is the kingdom of God).

Greetings Gabrieller,

I agree. I was going to recommend them, but glad to see someone beat me to this. I shall add my voice of confidence though.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

The nuns at Tyburn in London accept prayer requests: they are a cloistered community of Benedictine nuns who pray constantly. the Blessed Sacrament is exposed 24 hours a day and they pray in front of it. They wear a full Benedictine habit and only leave the convent to vist the doctor, dentist or to vote.

Tyburn was the place where many Catholics were martyred through the 16th and 17th centuries and the nuns pray for all the people who were executed there, and for all the requests they receive from all over the world… If you go to their website tyburnconvent.org.uk/index2.html you can ask for their prayers.

It is a remarkable place - an oasis of quiet in the centre of London.

:thumbsup:

I was going to suggest Tyburn Convent! They’re one of the communities I’m interested in joining. Their website makes it very easy to send prayer requests, just go to the ‘foundress’ page.

gabrielle.fox@redemptorists.ie

%between%quillena@glastonburyabbey.org, Fr Andrew

claresny@gmail.com Poor Clare Nuns

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.