Cloning Jesus Christ (fiction)

A few years ago, I read a book that a scientist clone Jesus by using the sample blood in the Shroud of Turin. In the story, this clone Jesus end up becoming the Anti-Christ, and the Real Jesus came to earth and killed him off.

How bad do you think if some bad scientist attempt to clone Jesus Christ?

Of course I personally feel that cloning Jesus is sacrilege and unjust.

Interesting question…

In the incarnation, the nature of God does not mix with the nature of man. The union is in the person of Jesus. The who has two natures, or whats. All you would get in a clone is a reproduction of a human nature, not another “incarnation of God”.

You can see the philosophical presuppositions in the story. All we are is our DNA. Materialism in a nutshell.

Ut.

There was an episode of the Outer Limits based on this but it was terribly anti Catholic and Christian for that matter. It claimed that Jesus just was telekenetic and could move things and do some miracles due to some scientific coincidence and the cloning of Jesus proved that he was not really God.

youve all probably heard this one . . .

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, “God, we’ve decided that we no longer need you. We’re to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don’t you just go on and get lost?”

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man. After the scientist was done talking, God said, “Very well, how about this? Let’s say we have a man-making contest.” To which the scientist replied, “Okay, great!”

But, God added, “Now, we’re going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam.”

The scientist said, “Sure, no problem” and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God looked at him and said, “No, no, no. You go get your own dirt.”

This would be sacreligious and I hope impossible anyway!

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.