Clooney gives kids $20 for lemonade

TOBACCOVILLE, North Carolina (AP) – A group of kids on spring break thought setting up a lemonade stand near George Clooney’s movie set might be a good business move. They were right.
The star paid $20 for his lemonade, which 10-year-old Carter, 6-year-old Chandler and 5-year-old Chase Fontaine were selling for 25 cents.

cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/05/people.clooney.ap/index.html

That’s pretty classy. Yeah, he’s got money to spare, etc. etc., but that’s still cool. Plus staying for pictures too - way cool.

I remember when I was little and I had a lemonade stand selling it for 10 cents and getting a quarter or whatever. That was always cool. While driving, if I see some kids I’ll stop and give them a buck for a $0.25 lemonade just because I remember how cool that was when I was there age.

Way to go Clooney :thumbsup:

It was a nice thing to do…
Its nice that you help the kids ,too. :slight_smile:

I think I remember reading a few years ago about him dropping a $500 to a waitress for just a soda.
He seems like a pretty nice guy.

He may be a nice guy, but that does not make up for his political rants. :mad:

I’d rather he make political rants then religious ones. I don’t really care what his political beliefs are, he has a right to them and everyone else does. That doesn’t make him a bad person.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.