Closed minded Free Church Bible Alone friend

I have ben in communication for about two years with a man who attends Calvary Chapel a “Free Church Bible Alone” group. I have used what I have learned from catholic.com and other web pages,books,tapes and videos to tell him the TRUTH found in the Catholic Church but I don’t think he has believed one word. I would like some help! Is someone willing to look at his last few e-mails to me and give me some answers.

Jeffrey

Why don’t just stick some of his questions in this thread for all to see?

[quote=GerardPaul]I have ben in communication for about two years with a man who attends Calvary Chapel a “Free Church Bible Alone” group. I have used what I have learned from catholic.com and other web pages,books,tapes and videos to tell him the TRUTH found in the Catholic Church but I don’t think he has believed one word. I would like some help! Is someone willing to look at his last few e-mails to me and give me some answers.

Jeffrey
[/quote]

PM me. I’ll have a look.

Thessalonian,
Let me know if you want to tag-team…:wink:
RyanL

[quote=GerardPaul]I have ben in communication for about two years with a man who attends Calvary Chapel a “Free Church Bible Alone” group. I have used what I have learned from catholic.com and other web pages,books,tapes and videos to tell him the TRUTH found in the Catholic Church but I don’t think he has believed one word. I would like some help! Is someone willing to look at his last few e-mails to me and give me some answers.

Jeffrey
[/quote]

Jeffrey, I just read WHERE WE GOT THE BIBLE by Rev. Henry Graham. Let your friend know where he got his Bible.

[quote=MikeB.]Jeffrey, I just read WHERE WE GOT THE BIBLE by Rev. Henry Graham. Let your friend know where he got his Bible.
[/quote]

That’s a good book! I think it’s a little light on the early assembling of the Bible. Jimmy Akin gave several more sources than Henry Graham did.

[quote=RyanL]Thessalonian,
Let me know if you want to tag-team…:wink:
RyanL
[/quote]

That would be great. I feel like those two guys on the radio talking about cars.

If you need any more help, I used to attend Calvary Chapel. I know many people in that church and still interact with them. Recently one of my friends sent over his friend a missionary from there to “save me”.
We had a nice 2 hour discussion and I gave him a Scott Hahn book. He left quickly and left two books here, after it became my time to ask him questions. Unfortunately he hasn’t come back and is very reluctant to talk to me. I am praying for him, but he stands to lose a lot if he even considers Catholicism as Calvary Chapel is his livelyhood.
I still pray for him and as a matter of fact will call him tonight again to see if I can keep talking to him.

The point is, Calvary Chapel is a very, very tight comfortable place to get into and it is difficult to leave.

So if you do need some help I will help also, maybe you can invite him here.

God Bless
Scylla

Thank You! The 7 above but mostly #8 I had a feeling it was a hard group to talk to. They have a world wide ministry and when a group does well they feel they are fallowing God’s will.

Jeffrey

[quote=GerardPaul]Thank You! The 7 above but mostly #8 I had a feeling it was a hard group to talk to. They have a world wide ministry and when a group does well they feel they are fallowing God’s will.

Jeffrey
[/quote]

Those I have run in to on the boards are among the worst anti-catholics.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.