closer to God

A simple question that I should have the answe too, but don’t. How can I be and feel closer to God. I feel like an ocean is between us, I feel lost and feel confused.Don’t know what to do.

Go to God through Mary. God came to us through Mary, so must we go to God through her. Jesus Christ is our Mediator between us and God the Father; Mary is our Mediatrix between us and Jesus Christ, God the Son. Consecrate yourself to Jesus through Mary and let Mary and the Holy Ghost draw you closer to Jesus Christ. Please read St. Louis Marie Grignon de Montfort if you have any problem with anything I have said here. God bless you.

Why not go visit Him? Go to Adoration and listen to Him Who Is Love.:slight_smile:

God Bless you

Understand that God dwells within.

You merely have to turn within to the center of your being, to be in the presence of God.

There, no words are necessary, only resting in His presence and be open to Him.

It is God’s transforming grace which moves us closer to Him and this comes through praying in His presence.

Jim

Go to him thru faith. “He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in him.”

Use your faith and just know that he is there by your knowledge thru faith in him regardless of how you feel, just because he said it and only for that reason. Feelings are unreliable, only faith is sound. Remember Mary Magdelene didn’t recognize his presence on Easter Sunday until…he spoke to her, but there he was.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

Spend time with God by prayer, sacraments, Eucharistic Adoration, Scripture readings, and spiritual readings. Our relationship with God is like our relationship with people. We need to spend quality time together.

CathyMary,

Although you may not feel His presence, God dwells within you (see 1 Cor. 3:16). So, He is ever so close although you may not sensibly feel Him and may even feel that He’s abandoned you.

There are many reasons why God allows us to feel distant from Him at times. But, be assured that He is using this for your good (Romans 8:28). I agree with the other posters that you should spend more time in prayer. For me, when I am confused and feel lost, I find spending some time alone in prayer helpful to ease my worries and put my focus back on God. In these moments of quiet, God often reveals some kind of reassuring word that I need to hear, sometimes in the form of a wordless intuition that things are going to be okay. You may consider doing this, too. Or, you may prefer to just talk to God like He’s your best friend, which He is.

As James 4:8 says, “Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.” The fact that you are posting this question is an indicator that God is wanting you to come closer to Him.

May God bless you. I am keeping you in my prayers.

houston1

Yeah,I agree with ready,it’s through mother Mary that we can get closer to god the son.its easier and in a month you will experience the mystery of gods love through our loving mother Mary.she is full of grace and that grace she love to give those who come to her.ever since I devoted to her,my love for Jesus Christ grow deeper and stronger.may god bless you.

In addition to what I said in my post, I agree that the Blessed Virgin Mary will aide you in growing closer to God. I cannot tell you the countless times that she has strengthened me to overcome temptations to sin that arose from my deeply rooted inclinations. She will help you and she will comfort you. Her role in salvation cannot be underestimated.

As a practical means . . . consider praying the rosary every day and squeeze it in amidst your daily routine, even if you are interrupted and forget your place. She will help you.

houston1

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.