CNN.com just not worth it

Today, I stopped by cnn.com and got the last bit of confirmation that perhaps even their own editors are unaware of contradictory content. Today was not the first time.

One story claimed that businesses were not even looking for credit, while another claimed that getting credit was still difficult. So, which is it? The Federal Reserve is still keeping interest rates around zero and plans to continue to do so. This was followed by a ridiculous statement that perhaps dropping money from helicopters might be a good idea.

CNN.com has also decided to stop doing business with the Associated Press.

Goodbye cnn.com. I'm also tired of all the celebrity references.

God bless,
Ed

They have a dilemma, if a Republican was in the White House they could do negative story after negative story about how it's all his fault. but with the Obamessiah stearing the country off a cliff, they don't know what to talk about, can't point out that He's doing a terrible job, so they just ramble on

Take a look at BBCnews.com. Less about celebrities amd more about global issues. Politics should be neither here nor there.

God bless,
Ed

Many of the major media outlets are full of fluff pieces. And even some of those fluff pieces contain inaccurate information. What's more, it is a distraction to see nonsense headlines about the mundane lives of celebrities on the front page of my email account.

[quote="edwest2, post:1, topic:202743"]
Today, I stopped by cnn.com and got the last bit of confirmation that perhaps even their own editors are unaware of contradictory content. Today was not the first time.

One story claimed that businesses were not even looking for credit, while another claimed that getting credit was still difficult. So, which is it?

[/quote]

I don't watch CNN so I am not sure about the stories you mention, but what you described isn't necessarily contradictory. Credit may be difficult to get because the banks are being tight, and yet at the same time, businesses may not be looking for credit if they think that the economy is still too sluggish.

But if CNN has a lot of celebrity coverage, I would abandon it too. I generally don't watch television news because there is so much fluffy stuff. Plus the news reporting tends to be more shallow than can be found in print coverage. I find the internet news aggregators, such as Yahoo News or Google News, are a more efficient way to get informed. The down side is that I miss some of the riveting video footage which is shown on TV.

[quote="edwest2, post:3, topic:202743"]
Take a look at BBCnews.com. Less about celebrities amd more about global issues.

[/quote]

I think the BBC does a better job covering international news than any of the US news outlets. The Christian Science Monitor sometimes has good coverage, but they are a much smaller operation than the BBC, so their coverage is more spotty.

I was talking about the web site. I don't watch CNN on TV because a recap of the same old, same old gets - uh, old about the third time around.

I've grown tired of news issued in little bites and the sometimes alarmist tone of American media in general. The local News is likely to start including explosions and fires in their opening visuals soon. They already have a loud, artificially dramatic voice to open the news. It's the news fer cryin' out loud, not a royal wedding. :)

God bless,
Ed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.