CNN Meteorologist: Manmade Global Warming Theory 'Arrogant'

**CNN Meteorologist: Manmade Global Warming Theory ‘Arrogant’ **

Network’s second meteorologist to challenge notion man can alter climate.

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
12/18/2008 11:02:44 PM

Unprecedented snow in Las Vegas has some scratching their heads – how can there be global warming with this unusual cold and snowy weather?

CNN Meteorologist Chad Myers had never bought into the notion that man can alter the climate and the Vegas snowstorm didn’t impact his opinion. Myers, an American Meteorological Society certified meteorologist, explained on CNN’s Dec. 18 “Lou Dobbs Tonight” that the whole idea is arrogant and mankind was in danger of dying from other natural events more so than global warming.

“You know, to think that we could affect weather all that much is pretty arrogant,” Myers said. “Mother Nature is so big, the world is so big, the oceans are so big – I think we’re going to die from a lack of fresh water or we’re going to die from ocean acidification before we die from global warming, for sure.”

-Snip-

His comments drew a strong response and he recanted the next day saying “the globe is getting warmer and humans are the likely the main cause of it.”

businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20081218205953.aspx

Hang the deniers!!! Fire them! Closet them! Just don’t ever give them a platform or the freedom to speak their minds!

I know you were being sarcastic, but I do expect him to “resign”. When I mean “resign”, I mean “resign under pressure” which is essentially being fired.

What do global warming whiners have over reasonable people? It certainly isn’t science or truth; is it money, jobs, skeletons in a closet?

What an absolutely factual description of global warming whiners. In one of P J O’Rourke’s books, he describes whacko environmentalists with the same word.

I find it amusing that the host site, Business & Media Institute, provides a link at the bottom of the article

Climate of Bias: BMI’s page devoted entirely to global warming and climate change in the media.

Yet it appears their own bias prevented them from being truthful in the subhead, calling the story subject the “Network’s second meteorologist to challenge notion man can alter climate.” In fact the other meteorologist did not contest the fact that man can alter the climate, he merely cited inaccuracies in the Al Gore documentary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.