CNN’s Jake Tapper Admits: Trump Did Not Call Neo-Nazis ‘Very Fine People’ in Charlottesville

CNN’s Jake Tapper Admits: Trump Did Not Call Neo-Nazis ‘Very Fine People’ in Charlottesville

Joel B. Pollack 27 Apr 2019 Breitbart News

CNN anchor Jake Tapper admitted Friday that President Donald Trump did not refer to neo-Nazis or white supremacists as “very fine people” in his remarks about the Charlottesville, Virginia, riots in 2017.

The admission came as Tapper and his CNN panel discussed former vice president Joe Biden’s campaign launch video, released Thursday, in which Biden explicitly claimed that Trump had referred to the neo-Nazis as “very fine people.”

Tapper played a clip of Trump’s remarks — though not the portion in which Trump made it clear to reporters that he was ” not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.”

Instead, Tapper described that portion of the press conference: “Now, elsewhere in those remarks, Trump did condemn neo-Nazis and white supremacists. So he’s not saying that the neo-Nazis and white supremacists are very fine people.”

Tapper’s admission is a major concession by CNN, which has refused thus far to correct or retract its repeated claims in recent weeks that Trump was, in fact, referring to the neo-Nazis as “very fine people.” The network even aired deceptively edited video of Trump’s remarks to create the impression that he said something that he had not. . . .

Is this more about Tapper going after Biden (there is a big “family feud” with the left now over who gets the Dem. primary) than finally being honest about President Trump’s remarks?

3 Likes

We all heard Trump at the time. We know what he meant.

7 Likes

Even Tapper isn’t trying to fool people on this anymore Leaf.

“Now, elsewhere in those remarks, Trump did condemn neo-Nazis and white supremacists. So he’s not saying that the neo-Nazis and white supremacists are very fine people.”–Jake Tapper

What are you suggesting?

3 Likes

We don’t need Jake Tapper or anyone else to tell us what we all heard with our own ears.

7 Likes

What did “we all hear” with our own ears? ALL of it. Not just selective portions.

And WHY are you speaking for other people here?

(“We” all heard . . “We” know what he meant . . .“We” don’t need . . . to tell “us” . . . “we” all heard . . . “our” own ears??)

LeafByNiggle here . . .

We all heard Trump at the time. We know what he meant.

And here . . .

We don’t need Jake Tapper or anyone else to tell us what we all heard with our own ears.

3 Likes

“We” means everyone who heard Trump the day it happened. I suppose that covers the majority of adults in the country. It is not much of a stretch to say we all heard him, and can make up our own minds about what we heard without the assistance of any commentators.

3 Likes

LeafByNiggle . . . .

. . . (We) can make up our own minds about what we heard without the assistance of any commentators.

That’s fair enough.

Then where have you been defending President Trump since August 2017 . . . telling pundits off for telling everybody what to think about President Trump’s comments with selective editing and incomplete quoting?

2 Likes

What else does Jake Tapper know about Trump that most who have ears don’t?

1 Like

I guess Tapper isn’t a Biden guy. I can’t imagine any other reason why he’d push back on what he knew was a false accusation after 2 plus years of, at minimum, acquiescing to it.

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear to be nderstand what he was saying and not clinging to the media spin👍

2 Likes

Could it be the smarmy media is finally recognizing the err of their ways?.:face_with_monocle:

What do you hear?

1 Like

Guinness . . . .

I guess Tapper isn’t a Biden guy.

That was my take too.

Thanks Caldera.

For people who want to know the fuller context of what President Trump said (after he was interrupted earlier) . . .

Begin at 1:57 of Caldera’s link (posted again here - thanks again Calera) if you want the portion that was hidden from you by SOME in the mainstream media.

Admittedly not “all” in the mainstream media but yes some. (After all, this clip itself is from CNBC).

4 Likes

Incoherence as usual.

4 Likes

Yes, people afflicted with TDS always know exactly what Trump really meant to say, no need to read any stinking transcript. No need for context.

6 Likes

It’s very possible that Trump wasn’t referring to the neo-nazis and was instead referring to the people who agreed and marched with the neo-nazis.

2 Likes

How is a transcript of Trump’s speech going to tell me more than a recording of Trump himself?

The issue is prooftexting.
Naturally a thorough study of text or video can prevent it.

Full disclosure. This is political satire.

Some of it is true.

Some of it dubbed in for entertainment purposes.

The only way Biden could attempt this, was in part due to the FAKE NEWS industrial complex playing this phony story over and over so many times.

Which tells me Biden’s “campaign playbook” is the same as all the leftists in national politics as of late–play race and division cards against your opponent and hope people cannot get the truth.

Maybe social media (Facebook, Youtube, etc.) can lend them another hand with banning more conservatives before the election again.

It is obvious that the “both sides” President Trump was referring to, was both sides of the statue issue.

Some good people wanted the statue to remain (we don’t veil history. The Soviets did that). And some good people thought this was undue honor for someone they did not deem worthy of ANY such honor as a statue.

And good people can be on either side of that issue is all President Trump was alluding to before he was interrupted (several times).

And to make it even MORE crystal clear, President Trump explicitly excluded the racists from that paradigm. Explicitly.

If the leftists weren’t making the ridiculous claims they have about President Trump, nobody would think the above video is funny.

But alas. Some of the leftists (like Biden in his real address) ends up making these parodies entertaining (at least for some people).

So people like Biden himself (along with the FAKE NEWS INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX) make those parody videos in a sense, possible.

Here (from AP) you can see Biden’s real actual “I’m in!” video and evaluate the dishonesty from Biden on the Charlottesville anti-Trump fake information narrative for yourself.

And for the third time here is what REALLY occurred . . .

Begin at 1:57 of Caldera’s link (again thanks @Caldera) if you want to see the portion that was hidden from you by SOME in the FAKE NEWS business attempting to fool you.

6 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.