Co-Founder of Human Rights Campaign, the Gay Advocacy Group, Arrested for Sexual Abuse of a Teen

The Human Rights Campaign is prominent as the largest U.S. advocacy group, which has successfully advanced the gay agenda there.
see www.ncregister.com/daily-news/human-rights-campaign-co-founder-arrested-for-sexual-abuse-of-a-teen/

If this man is representative of all gay activists, does that mean pedophile priests are representative of all priests? :confused:

Most priests prosecuted molested post pubescent teens. In other words, they were homosexuals who predated on young men.

Is there not a thread on this already? I did not read the other one real closely, I think it is the same story.

There is a special irony to his story–a man who presents himself as an advocate for human rights, sexually abusing a minor.

Not exactly. 22% of victims were younger than age 10, 51% were between the ages of 11 and 14. That is pedophilia, not homosexuality.

For people around the age of puberty it’s actually ephebophilia. Given it was mostly boys, the act was homosexual.

Yes, the thread on CNA News LGBT Activist Leader Faces Charges reported the same story. The moderator will probably combine these two threads.

HRC Co-Founder Terence Bean was a

Top Obama Donor

This explains the unholy alliance, does it not.

I had no idea the HRC was specifically targeting the Catholic Church to change doctrine. This has never made sense to me when they can find Churches that readily meet all of their interests. We accept anyone wishing to abide by the infallible teachings of the Church.

I hope the co-founder will repent and express regret to his victims while in the slammer. I hope that he will seek his victims forgiveness and pray to be delivered from his sickness, as well as a healing for the damage he and his buddy caused this youth.

It says he met the teen on a dating site. It sounds as though the teen may have lied about his age and he thought he was of legal age, which is what is usually required of dating sites, right?

Where are you getting this info from?

Riiight because it’s perfectly normal for 66 year old men to be engaging in sexual relationships with boys young enough that it’s even possible they might be under age.

There is no legitimate excuse for what happened. None. Period.

“Mostly boys” = homosexual?

Are you serious?

Since puberty in boys is 12-16, this would appear to be pedophilia. Also, pedophilia is not confined to one sex or the other-- it is likely that boys were abused because they were more ‘available,’ in the sense of being in roles more likely to involve time alone with a priest.

Most pedophiles present as heterosexual regarding adult attraction. We need to be careful not to turn a pedophilia problem into a homosexuality problem. Most homosexuals, like most heterosexuals, are not attracted to children.

Okay.

I just read some of the John Jay report. The majority were 12 or older, which for many boys and girls is puberty and I do not consider to be pedophilia. However, it was also a conclusion that homosexuality was not a main culprit. Given I don’t have good evidence to the contrary, I’ll rescind my previous statement.

More for girls than boys.-- boys hit puberty later than girls. And we could phrase it that 73% were under the age of 14. This was a terrible scandal for the Church, and there sometimes seems to be a sense of ‘sweeping it under the rug’ by blaming it on homosexuality. As you noted in the John Jay report, that simply is not the case.

Also, I just realized you edited my quote. Not cool.

This is an old topic, but you can’t bring up child molestation without the obvious discussion, once again, on a Catholic forum.

I guess what would interest me would be whether others in the HRC supported, encouraged, and enabled the alleged molester, or whether they disapproved of his actions. As we know now, a number of bishops and archbishops supported and enabled child molester priests, and also impeded investigations, thereby becoming accessories to the crimes committed and obstructing justice.

Oh my word. Stupid copy paste error. My apologies.

Why do you connect it to puberty? Pedophilia is defined as 13 and younger.

Bill Blakemore of ABC NEWS.com stated in an online interview on an ABC message board: “The vast majority of cases that have come to light in this crisis, somewhere between 90-98 percent apparently, are not technically pedophilia because they are cases of homosexual abuse of teenage boys aged 13-17.” 7 He probably picked up the data from Donald Cozzens’ writing.

It is interesting that people squirm away from the abuse and it was a horrible abuse as being homosexual.

Also, pedophilia is not confined to one sex or the other-- it is likely that boys were abused because they were more ‘available,’ in the sense of being in roles more likely to involve time alone with a priest.

Not quite the priest that were involved were homosexual. They sought out boys. Pedophilia is not confined to only one sex but not all of these abuses were pedophilia especially the ones that were so prominent.

Most pedophiles present as heterosexual regarding adult attraction. We need to be careful not to turn a pedophilia problem into a homosexuality problem. Most homosexuals, like most heterosexuals, are not attracted to children.

Most huh? What study did you get that from? We must be careful not to label pedophile when it is not but is homosexual in nature.

Most? So what? It only takes 1 to make sweeping conclusions about an enormous group of people, remember? So if there was just 1 priest who committed an act of pedophilia, then it follows…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.