Coke/Pepsi: new cancer warning

*10 Mar 2012:
“The firms are changing the way their caramel colouring is made in the US because of health fears about a chemical it contains.
Bosses have told manufacturers of the additive to reduce its levels of 4-methylimidazole, which can be formed during the cooking process and has been linked with cancer.”
*Link.

No comments http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon4.gif.

So shall I assume none of you drinks coke or pepsi… :stuck_out_tongue:

I occasionally drink coke (or pepsi, if it’s what the restaurant stocks).

Seriously, everything causes cancer now: cell phones, computers, soda pop, bad breath. It’s one thing to say, change your diet to get more cancer-fighting compounds into your body. It’s another thing to run around like a chicken with your head cut off obsessing over every little thing you come into contact with because of a fear that it might lead to cancer. It seems like everyone’s so afraid of everything nowadays.

Just FYI, I had a cousin and a neighbour die from lung cancer caused by a heck of a lot of smoking, not soda pop. Although, all that sugar can’t be good for you on a daily basis.

There is already a thread on this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.