I’m almost done with my first year of college at the Franciscan University of Steubenville. This place is certainly unlike any other! The students, the professors, the Christian fellowship… it’s all amazing!
The problem is that I’m not sure whether I should return to Franciscan next semester or move back home. Franciscan isn’t very generous with financial aid. My first year of college cost my parents more than $17,000. Franciscan, unfortunately, awarded me less financial aid for the next academic year. I was appalled when I received my financial aid award, since I was expecting more financial aid. Costs of tuition and housing, in addition, will be increased by more than $1,000. Another year at Franciscan would cost my parents more than $20,000! :eek:
I really like Franciscan, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the money. I’m majoring in social work, so I’m assuming that it doesn’t really matter where I earn my bachelor’s degree, as long as the school is accredited. I feel bad that my college education is costing my parents so much money, even if my parents have told me that I shouldn’t worry about the money and that it’s up to me to decide.
I’m also not sure if I actually *want *to return to Steubenville. Although I like my school, it’s really easy to get homesick here. There’s so much that I miss about San Diego- particularly family, friends, and the warm weather! I know that I’d be happier living in San Diego than in Steubenville, but I also know that I’d be happier attending Franciscan University than any of the schools in California. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to handle being away from my family and friends for another three years, but I’m also not sure if I’d be content attending school in San Diego. If I do move back home, I’d have to attend community college for one year (since I don’t have enough transferrable units yet) and then I’d have guaranteed transfer admission to San Diego State University.
The problem is that I’m not sure whether I want to return to Steubenville or move back home after this semester. I can’t seem to make up my mind and I don’t have much time left to decide. :banghead:
Any advice and prayers would be greatly appreciated!