College Of Pediatricians: Gender Ideology Harms Children!

acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

1. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.5
  1. Pre-pubertal children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. This combination leads to permanent sterility. These children will never be able to conceive any genetically related children even via artificial reproductive technology. In addition, cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to cardiac disease, high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke, diabetes, and cancer.7,8,9,10,11
  1. Rates of suicide are nearly twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries.12 What compassionate and reasonable person would condemn young children to this fate knowing that after puberty as many as 88% of girls and 98% of boys will eventually accept reality and achieve a state of mental and physical health?
  1. Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse. Endorsing gender discordance as normal via public education and legal policies will confuse children and parents, leading more children to present to “gender clinics” where they will be given puberty-blocking drugs. This, in turn, virtually ensures they will “choose” a lifetime of carcinogenic and otherwise toxic cross-sex hormones, and likely consider unnecessary surgical mutilation of their healthy body parts as young adults.

Please read the ENTIRE document------

then comments are very welcome.

Must say----this is VERY good news. :thumbsup:

Through the prayers of the Mother Of God, have mercy on us and save us.

Amen. :):slight_smile:

I will start by saying that I agree with this article 100% (and I read the whole thing).

However, keep in mind that the American College of Pediatricians is a dissident group of about 500 that split from the American Academy of Pediatricians over the issue of same-sex couples adopting children. Although 500 is a lot, it is very small in comparison to the 64,000 that are a member of the AAP. In other words, the doctors that wrote this article aren’t exactly mainstream and this article does not signify a change in attitude among medical experts as a whole.

Thanks for the clarification.This make sense.After reading the article,which I too agree with100%,I was thinking bot the AAP has done a complete 180 on this issue.

The problem is that even if this is all true the school systems and media have organised their morality around a system of victimhood in which gender identity is part.

Under this morality these people are a special case of people that have been victimised by a brutal culture (read white Christian culture) and therefore this evil civilisation must reorganise themselves and pay large amounts of money or else be constantly berated on how they are not Progressive, which apparently is the new religion that unquestionably everyone must follow.

It is an insanity that too many people have been caught up in and accept unthinkingly.

I can find no reference regarding the American Academy of Pediatricians and anything they may have said/written about this issue.

Ed

Well, think about it. I know a college student and was looking over one of the assigned textbooks. I pointed out a few errors. The response? “Why would they lie to me?”

So, where and how are people educated today? By who?

As far as I can tell, Liberal/Progressive/Leftist all mean the same thing. The programming is the same: If you are not average then you are a victim of the majority who are (not just white, but Christian, yes), and you must feel bad. You must feel like a victim even though no one ever said a word to you or you’re too young to comprehend.

You must use the word hate to win any argument.

This is pure insanity dreampt up by a self-appointed group of radicals who will brainwash as many as they can, including kids. This is pure 100% insanity. But boredom and worship of the god Change means they are caught in a trap. They must create change out of thin air.

Ed

This is just a right-wing fringe group expressing their opinion. This doesn’t really mean anything.

It means that thereally are many pediatricians that I can trust.

Agreed.

Ed

Yes I agree with you.

I have a science degree and I went back later to get a Master of Teaching Degree.

That is where many of the political activists are. They have got themselves into positions where they teach the teachers of the next generation and they choose the next education academics to replace themselves.

Through lectures, assignments and assigned reading they shape the prospective teachers minds on history, culture and what as teachers, they should be striving to achieve.

Being a (Liberal) Catholic university I was also subject to Theology given from pretend Catholics who were really militant Feminist atheists. Their reasoning , arguments and evidence was a complete embarrassment to intellectualism and yet many of the young swallowed it up keen to get good grades and blindingly accept that it was ‘reason’ they were listening to and not realising it was political activism.

There is a reason the west is going insane in my opinion and the Progressive stranglehold on education is the main cancer.

See I just can’t believe this is even up for discussion. Come on! At 5 years old, or six, it should not even occur to a kid that the overalls he is wearing should be a skirt instead. I understand that adults can have issues, but little kids not identifying with their gender? That comes from parents who are asking questions that shouldn’t be asked of a kid who doesn’t even know where babies come from yet.

Little Bobby doesn’t want a dress, he wants a little sailor outfit at two and then he wants bluejeans like every other kid. If a little boy wants a dress it is because some confused parent asked him if he wanted one, that or he doesn’t understand yet that there are mommies and dads, it doesn’t mean he wants hormones. This crazy trend is nothing but psyco-mutilation.

This argument doesn’t make me a conservative or a redneck, it makes me sane.

:banghead:

Our trust has been abused. Certain people got their foot in the door. The young are the most vulnerable in school.

amazon.com/Beyond-Diversity-Day-Curriculum-Sexualities/dp/074252034X

But the roots go back to selling a number of fake “freedoms” with the promise of something better.

catholichistory.net/Events/LandOLakesStatement.htm

And how do you wreck Catholic thought in general? The following is just the opening but it lays out the basics.

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704586504574654282563939764

No, things don’t happen by themselves.

Ed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_College_of_Pediatricians

?

This is not a credible group. Don’t elevate bad science because it squares with your worldview.

I’ve found anti-Christian bias being taught in middle school history texts. I made sure the kids knew that the statements were rhetoric, and solely the authors’ opinions.

Actually, I don’t even need a pediatricians’ group to tell me it’s harmful to children. I put my trust in Jesus Christ (Matthew 18: 6).

That’s fine - but don’t lean on this to support that.

Agreed.

I don’t need a pediatrician’s group to tell me that it is harmful to be giving hormones to five and six year olds based on their perception of reality. But the group that says this is a whole lot more credible in my book.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.