College roommate assignment

Hi,

I know I am new here and that you don’t really know me yet, but I would like it if you could please pray for this intention of mine…

I will be a freshman at Loyola University Chicago this fall (:smiley: and :eek:) and we get our residence hall room and roommate assignments in June…

let’s just say I’m a little worried. I don’t want a bad/weird/etc roommate I could never get along with, etc. I also just realized that my third choice residence hall I put down does not separate by gender by wing or floor. :eek:

(my first two choices do)

There is a slight possibility I could be in a single room (by myself, no roomie), but that is SLIGHT.

So, please pray for me that I get a good roommate with whom I can be friends, have little conflict in terms of living together, etc. And that the res. hall is one of the first two I put down. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you and God bless you. <3

Dear God,

Please help MaidoftheWood to a have a wholesome, considerate roommate. Please help her to get into the residence hall that will best help her do Your will.

Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Rachel:
I have two Master’s degrees and have been to about five different colleges. Therefore, I’ve been to plenty of new college situations. Upon first reading your post, I realized that you are nervous about going to college. This is called facilitating anxiety. That means that you are generating a certain amount of energy to help you get the job done.

It is normal to wonder about your future roommate. Getting a roommate is like being hired for a job. At first you are the “new person”. After time, you become one of the group. Simply remember, stay focused on school and not on the social atmosphere. Start reading now and not later. That means reading, reading, reading over the summer. Reading will help you sharpen the saw. You will need to be able to cut through a lot of hard wood while you are in college.

Is this a Catholic college?

Atassina: Lol, I am reading. I love reading! :smiley: Besides, I plan on majoring in English. :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s a Jesuit school. (Hence why “Loyola” is in its name.) :stuck_out_tongue:

Galnextdoor: thank you. :slight_smile:

Why does a Catholic college allow nubile men and women to live in the same dormitory?

Welcome! :wave:
Jesus could you please make sure that this good and sincere young woman gets the kind of roommate You’d like her to have. Please choose her…if there is to be shared accommodation.
Thank You, dear Jesus.

because the school, like other older Catholic colleges, has gotten rather lax on that issue. :eek:

:frowning:

Trishie: thank you very muchly. :slight_smile:

because if your catholic you wont have sex till after marriage is the theory there but i’ll pray for u ok i’ll add u too my list i guess.

What? Is the college trying to manufacture testosterone and estrogen? Putting young men and women together is a nice recipe for making babies out of wedlock. When I went on my pre-marriage retreat, the men were not allowed inside the building in which the women stayed. we couldn’t even cross the threshold of the door. we were engaged to be married unlike the virile young men and women at college.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

amen

UPDATE! :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone who prayed for me!

You know how I said there was a slight chance I could have a room to myself?

Well, when I opened my residence hall and room assignment letter I got in the mail today, I was stunned to find I have a ‘single’ room!!! (as opposed to a ‘double’ room) A room to myself!!! :extrahappy: :extrahappy:

I am sooo happy. So thankful. :smiley:

Thank you again to those of you who prayed for me. I really do appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praise God!

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.