College Student PREVENTS Mass Murder/Multiple Rapes

Probably won’t see this on the networks :hammer:

wsbtv.com/news/19365762/detail.html
[INDENT]College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

COLLEGE PARK, Ga. – A group of college students said they are lucky to be alive and they’re thanking the quick-thinking of one of their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two masked me who burst into an apartment.

[INDENT]“Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all,” said student Charles Bailey.

Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door.

“They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, ‘Give me your wallets and cell phones,’” said George Williams of the College Park Police Department.
Bailey said** the gunmen started counting bullets.** **“The other guy asked how many (bullets) he had. He said he had enough,” **said Bailey.
That’s when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment.
. . .
The student then ran to the room where the second gunman, identified by police as 23-year-old Calvin Lavant, was holding the women. “Apparently the guy was getting ready to rape his girlfriend. So he told the girls to get down and he started shooting. The guy jumped out of the window. . .
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
This appears to have happened OFF CAMPUS in an apartment complex.

Here is a link to some video, but it only shows a reporter standing outside the hospital and an interview with the resident of the apartment who was hosting the birthday party for another one of the students.
VIDEO LINK >>> TOM JONES: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

A brave and quick-thinking man. :knight1:

Thank God for him.:bowdown:

I imagine the girl who was about to be raped, while the other girls watched in horror, is also thanking God for this young man’s bravery.

But can you imagine sitting in a room, while the criminals holding you at gunpoint counted their bullets to confirm they had enough :eek:

The SICKEST thing about this? What has happened to our society that we have people who are condoning RAPISTS and MURDERERS :shrug: Have we really fallen this low, as a society, that we now memorialize this type of behavior? I honestly am saddened by this more than any other aspect of the story. :frowning:

Google “Calvin Lavant” and you’ll see a bunch of gang banger with “RIP CJ” or RIP Calvin on their myspace pages.

RIP? I suspect he will get no rest where he may be going!

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3403/picture3u.png

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6100/picture4yhg.png

Considering that the guy in the second pic appears to be flashing a gang sign, I can’t say I’m too surprised.

Sad, but not surprised. :frowning:

Anyone else notice that when people use guns to defend themselves and it is reported here that none of our anti-gun Catholics comment on it?

But post a story about crime and give the opinion that someone with a gun could have stopped it and the anti-gun folks are all over that thread with comments.

The silence in this thread from the anti-gun folks is pretty enlightening :thumbsup:

This guy is a genuine hero…Roanoker

I’m not anti-gun, I’m pro more-restrictions, but even though I think it’s great he had a gun, I still think the use of guns in such instances of terror are very rare in comparison to the amount of gun accidents and misconduct.

Respectfully, what you “think” and what is “true” appear to be very different.

Gun ownership is at an all time high.
Gun accidents are at an all time low.
Guns are used by citizens to STOP more crime than criminals use guns to commit crime.

The rate of fatal firearm accidents per 100,000 people is 0.27 nationwide. Motor vehicle accidents top the list at 15.3 (56x worse), poisoning at 6.6 (24x worse) and suffocation and choking 2.0 (7x worse). The rate of deaths from drowning, fires and burns, medical “misadventures,” (that’s doctor mistakes – misleadingly labeled misadventures) environmental factors and even bicycle/tricycle accidents are all higher than from firearms.

The United Sportsmen of Florida have compiled two fact sheets that provide a wealth of insight into the safety of gun ownership, hunting and shooting. Citing data sources including the National Center for Health Statistics, the National Safety Council, the Bureau of the Census, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and firearms industry reports, the 2009 Fact Sheet on Firearms Accidents proves that despite a doubling of our country’s population since 1930, and a quintupling in the number of privately owned firearms, the annual number of accidental firearms deaths has decreased 75%. In fact, the fatal firearm accident rate has decreased 92% since the all-time high recorded in 1904. buckeyefirearms.org/node/6597

The report reveals that only 2 people per 100,000 are injured while enjoying the sport of hunting, compared to:
[LIST]
*]2,585 who are injured while playing football,
*]1,984 basketball players injured per 100,000,
*]1,349 bicycle riders injured per 100,000,
*]1,332 soccer players injured per 100,000,
*]1,296 skateboarders injured per 100,000 and
*]1,122 baseball players injured per 100,000.
[/LIST]
technorati.com/tag/2009-fact-sheet-on-firearms-accidents

And, to briefly summarize one of several university studies:
Defensive gun uses by crime victims are three to four times more common than crimes committed with guns;

Victim gun use is associated with lower rates of assault or robbery victim injury and lower rates of robbery completion than any other defensive action or doing nothing to resist;

Serious predatory criminals perceive a risk from victim gun use that is roughly comparable to that of criminal-justice-system actions, and this perception may influence their criminal behavior in socially desirable ways.

Funny … Where’s Beau?:shrug:

I think that if it had been YOU that was about to be raped your squeamishness about guns would have evaporated in an instant.

I have had to show my “mouse” a couple of times. I have no doubt what so ever if I had not had it I would have been assaulted and/or dead had I not made it very clear I would and could use it.

So congratulations to the gentleman that saved others from assault and death.

I’m not against hunting, just for the record.

I read your statistics, but the anti-gun lobby has just as many saying the opposite I don’t know who to believe.

Ah but these statistics have been confirmed by such ‘legitimate’ sources as the Centers for Disease Control and our very own Justice Department.

I’d ask you to study the statistics very carefully, be skeptical of both sides, and research both sides. Don’t believe either side until you finish your research. The evidence, I believe, will clearly point you toward the fact that the Brady Campaign uses partial truths, omits information from its data, very selectively uses partial data, and even uses old versions of studies when the authors have updated data to disprove or discredit the early findings.

:thumbsup: Glad you’re still here.

The gun-toting student is a real hero, I hope he gets some kind of recognition for his bravery.

Could this be said about the man who shot and killed Dr.Tiller (late term abortionist), after all,
woman and children in Kansas are a lot safer today, thanks to this (hero?) man.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.