College Students Say Remembering 9/11 is Offensive to Muslims

College Students Say Remembering 9/11 is Offensive to Muslims

How a proposed moment of silence to honor 9/11 victims became the latest victim of the would-be despots of America’s campuses.

The everything-is-offensive brand of campus activism has struck a new low: Students at the University of Minnesota killed a proposed moment of silence for 9/11 victims due to concerns—insulting, childish concerns—that Muslim students would be offended.

This is why the education system, especially higher education, is in dire need of reformation and why the nonsensical rhetoric of egoistic narcissists should not prevail over the free and reasoned discourse of thinking people.

Shutting down free speech because it could offend someone, somewhere, is NOT an option.

If I were Muslim, I would be more offended by the reasoning of this college students.

Do they really have that low an opinion of Muslim intelligence?

I thought the claim was that radical or violent jihadis only comprise a small portion of all Muslims. Are these students now claiming that all Muslims celebrate the attacks of 9/11? Are these students now claiming that all Muslims support terrorism?

:confused::confused:

I’ve never understood why the proper response to claims of “offended feelings” isnt: “So what?”

Is it offensive despite the fact that many Muslims were murdered in the Twin Towers? The only group of people who would be offended by remembering 9/11 are fellow terrorists and those of like ideology.

I kind of just want to say a profanity at this.

This sort of accommodation by the politically correct is becoming insane. We can no longer remember and honour victims?

Interesting question. Interested point.

This is the same idea zz912 commented. Please pardon me, I don’t know how to respond with quotes from more than one poster.

Why is anyone listening to a group of unruly, spoiled brats?

how offensive is the practice of respecting the feelings of those who perpetrated the murders of 9-11 over the feelings of those whose friends, relatives and neighbors were murdered?

are these college students merely stupid, or are they incapable of using reason and logic?

what have our government run schools done to the minds and hearts of our children? government run education seems to have rendered America’s children ignorantly incoherent.

Used to be people went to university to further their understanding math, english, etc. Now it seems they spend a lot of their efforts sharpening their “social cause” skills. Used to be the hippies OUTSIDE of colleges did this, now they go to university???

Remembering the American Revolution, the Civil War, WW11, the Korean War, the Viet Nam War or those that died to preserve freedom would be offensive to that particular student. If anyone watched Watter’s World this past week-end, could tell you, education as been so dumbed down and watered down, its pathetic and shameful. Many of our politiciians are the product of the education system. “Someone” watches over us, we pray.

I pray for all the stupid people in America that look to stir up trouble. Sadly, some of our future leaders will come from a pool of fools.

It is time the silent majority stepped forward and put this nonsense out in this country. If, there are people who don’t like this country or feel we offend others (no valid reasoning) then get out and get your education or whatever else you want in some other country.

Too bad.

Jon

There’s more than a few of our current leaders who were bottom feeders in that pool.

It is time the silent majority stepped forward and put this nonsense out in this country. If, there are people who don’t like this country or feel we offend others (no valid reasoning) then get out and get your education or whatever else you want in some other country

I’m not willing to let them off that easy. No safe spaces, no sympathy for hurt feelings.
I refuse to cede the debate to hurt feelings, much less to the anti-American, anti-constitutional movements in this country.

Jon

The little “+ icon the right of the “Quote” button (bottom right of each post.)
Click on that icon for each post you want to include – it will turn orange if it is included.

Don’t forget to choose “Quote” on the last one, otherwise you might get the same posts added to other replies since these “included” posts are only automatically de-selected by actually posting or by deselecting them manually.

What they are unwittingly teaching is all Muslims are terrorist. Else why would a peaceful Muslim be offended for remember people killed in a terrorist act. PC people use no common sense at all.

I am offended by those students actions. I would hope and expect all Americans including Muslim Americans would be offended by those students.

Why would you stop remembering those who died in a horrific way anyway? Its something bad that hurt not just the USA but other people also. People in other countries took moments to mourn that day when the event happened.

the objective fact is that all the 9/11 conspirators were MUSLIMS -the people who attacked at Pearl Harbor were JAPANESE-that is history-too bad if they are offended -Why anyone would care about their sensibilities is beyond me

they can move to the Gaza strip where they can cheer their suicide bombers

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.