Colombia: exorcism prayers in response to rise in suicides [CWN]

In response to a rise in suicides, an exorcism prayer is being said in churches in two Colombian dioceses, according to the Episcopal Conference of Colombia. In all the churches of the …

More…

I do not think it is a bad idea under the circumstances. If I am not mistaken demons are able to influence us as the devil did in his attempt to mislead Jesus in the wilderness (Matthew, 4:1-11). As a matter of fact, Jesus healed a man with an unclean spirit in the synagogue of Capernaum (Mark 1:21-26). Within the Bible there are many instances where angels and demons come to us in human form as they did with Abraham (Genesis chapter 18) etc.

When there is a spike in evil seeing within the Bible, a pattern of angels and demons being directly involved in our lives it only leads one to believe that evil, for whatever diabolical reason, is concentrating a lot of despair and hopelessness among some of the Columbian people. Lucifer and evil is not some medieval notion this is a very serious problem and needs to be approached and handled with caution. I will pray for the Columbian people. The Rosary is a powerful weapon against evil.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.