"Colorado Targets Christian Baker Again Despite Supreme Court’s Cake Ruling." He won in Supreme Court after the government punished him for refusing to make a gay wedding cake; now it is punishing him again for refusing to make a transgender-themed cake

“The Colorado Civil Rights Commission is going after Christian baker Jack Phillips again, although the Masterpiece Cakeshop owner won a resounding 7-2 decision in June before the U.S. Supreme Court.” He hadn’t been willing to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple.

“The state commission moved against Phillips now again after a lawyer asked him to design and bake a custom cake celebrating a gender transition, pink on the inside and blue on the outside.”

Jack Philips, the baker said “the Bible tells us God created us male and female, and I believe that. A gender-transition cake is not something I’ve ever made, and it’s not an event I could celebrate. There are plenty of messages I won’t convey on a cake. I’ve turned down requests to make anti-American cakes, cakes disparaging the LGBT community, as well as those glorifying drug and alcohol use, mistreatment of women, divorce, and more.”

Duplicate Thread

Please see this thread for the existing discussion already with 62 replies.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.