Comapring Jesus and Muhammad

What does each faith say about their ‘example’ to follow?

When push came to shove, Jesus met his persecutors. He faced death, but forgave those that raised their hand against him.

Muhammad, when faced with persecution ran away from Mecca. This event is the start-point of Islamic calendars. He kept in mind who had raised mocking tones against him and as he built up power attacked Meccan caravans and then the town itself. Several of his enemies were murdered. Muhammad congratulated the murders.

Thus we have Jesus who loved all. And Muhammad who ran away.

Yes, the list goes on
Jesus resurrected and ascended to heaven
"Muhammad" - poisoned by a Jewish slave and dies as a result

Jesus reached out to the Samaritans and Gentiles (even healing the child of a Roman soldier, part of an occupying force far more oppressive than any US forces)
“Muhammad” - Arab supremacist who despised Jews and Christians

Jesus commanded the Apostles to let the children to come to him and blessed them
"Muhammad" saw a 6 year old as a sex object

But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another… Matthew 10:23

Thus Muhammad was obeying Jesus’ instructions to his disciples.

He kept in mind who had raised mocking tones against him and as he built up power attacked Meccan caravans and then the town itself. Several of his enemies were murdered. Muhammad congratulated the murders.

Thus we have Jesus who loved all. And Muhammad who ran away.

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither and slay them before me. Luke 19:27

You were saying?

so you’re saying Muhammad was a disciple of Jesus - fair enough
but he went a bit off the rails didn’t he?
then you quote the words of a king in a parable - funnily enough I have come across Muslims misquoting that verse in exactly the same way before
which proves you have come here to lie and deceive

Jack,
I look forward to reading your replies each day, they bring a smile to my face…

The LORD rebuke you for accusing me of lying !

The final point of the*** parable ***is that the returning King will slay the enemies that would not accept his reign: the obvious fact is that Jesus (as) is the one who will return as King over all and he will slay his enemies just as Muhammad did on a much smaller scale.

There is no misquote or mistake about it, you’re the one that’s off the rails for suggesting otherwise.

well the facts are there
you have been trying to deceive people and quoting that verse is a prime example
so bristle all you want - you are misusing scripture deliberately which is reprehensible
Allah is the chief among deceivers

PS: cheers dolphinlove:thumbsup:
I will try and keep up the good work!

I guess each message is different, just as each 'person" was different. They did not have the same task, I assume. :shrug:

Yes, that same quote has been posted here by Muslims ad nauseam! :smiley:

You keep claiming that you’re not a Muslim but your posts make me wonder! :rolleyes:

If you really believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, you cannot accept Muhammad and his “message”! If the former is true the other is a fraud!

Vickie

hola Vickie

actually her faith profile says “unsure” so that probably means she is not a Christian…

Dominus Vobiscum

So much insight. So much comparison.

a) is this one of the non-corrupted Bible passages?
b) Is Muhammed a disciple of Jesus?
c) are you saying that Muhammed was less than what Jesus is/was ?

Different tasks ? :shrug:
As Jesus brought us light, Muhammed brought us…

This is taken out of context; It the parable of the nobleman and his servants.
1Cor 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1 Peter 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Death is as retoricle. The wages of sin is death. Death to everlasting life

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.