Come On People! Enough Is Enough!

Look at us in these forums, going at each other over this sex scandal stuff. Satan, and the Liberal Media, are just rolling with laughter about now. It is time to remind ourselves of who and what we are:

Catholc Missionaries around the world help the needy: We have hospices, charities, food banks, outreaches, schools, and wonderful people volunteering in all these fields… … we do all these things daily. We have given the world the greatest arts and began Universities. Holy Mother Church is a gift from God and the Body of Christ. We have stood for 2000 years, teaching truth and bringing the Light of Christ to the world.

Now are we going to bicker with each other because of some heretics and heathens outside the Church? Some people run some news reports on what amounts to less than 1% percent of all our priests and we freak out? Are we going to let them turn us against ourselves?

Stand proud Catholic! Tell the world of the greatness, the beauty, and the Truth of our faith, and of our beloved Church! Do not question the Glory and the Beauty of Our Church. Yes, there will always be sinners among us. But is that now going to be our focus? God will deal with them.

Spread the word for all to hear: Christ established One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. We spread his truth and bring his salvation. (Edited) But you keep you banner raised high!

Amen!

Watch this video, and
remember who you are:
youtube.com/watch?v=eLBW7_zEMtU&feature=player_embedded

I just so very glad there are those within the catholic church, in a spirit of genuine humility and repentence working to correct the injustices inflicted on victims of abusive religous, and who don’t stoop to add insult to injury by using rhetoric as highlighted above.

I speak truth.
I do not hear your words.

I have one question have any of you ever been molested as a child and it covered up?

That is not relevant to the OP.

This thread has been pruned of off topic posts. Stay on topic and maintain the highest level of charity in discussion or expect further moderator intervention.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

The intent of my OP is only to get Catholics to stop wallowing in the errors of the few, and remember the greatness and the glory of what we have.

I agree, all of us are sinners and we need to pray for and support one another! I think we need to keep our Priests in our prayers. A small percent of the Priests have made horrible mistakes and I can only imagine how it must make other Priests feel. Lets also keep the Priests who have committed these actions in our prayers, they need help and prayers.

Amen!

Thank you for this thread. I was just about to post something similar.

It is illogical for people to say they are losing their faith over this, or doubting the authority of the papacy. :mad:

No matter how sinfully individual Catholics have acted or even continue to act, nothing changes about our faith. Nothing separates us from the Church except the evil one!

I love my Church just as I love my family - unconditionally.

Thank you both.

This is a particularly important time of year to have this poignant event happening in our Church. The question is - where is our placement during this time - The Passion of Our Lord.
Where do we stand?
Are we women weeping in the street?
Veronica wiping the face of Jesus?
Are we Simon helping to carry the cross?
Are we the soldiers whipping Jesus forward?
Are we at the foot of the cross or hiding from fear of rejection?
Has the cock already crowed three times?

Ooooh. Very spiritual. I had never thought of that.

Yes, this is all happening close to Passion and Easter isn’t it.

Thank you. That helps me a lot.

I stand with the victims of abuse and hope that the Pope and Bishops do the right thing by them now and secure proper protocols for the future. Did it ever occur to anyone that these events are God-driven and not Satan-driven? Come on people, if these atrocities happened, and we know they did, perhaps God Himself is decided it was time to clean House.

Why wouldn’t He? Maybe God has said, enough is enough, and decided to reveal all of these atrocities at the same time, so that something can be done. Because He knows, it didn’t get done the first few time when they were covered up. He knows, it didn’t get done when pedophile priests were transferred from parish to parish, continuing to hurt people. So maybe it will happen now when those at the Vatican are red in the face over the shame of it all.

Close?:nope:
Try smack dab on top…
God has a reason for everything.
This is certainly an invitation for all to walk with raised hands and open hearts with Jesus this week.

Well said.

Jesus suffered here once and for all of time for all those who are afflicted and for all those who afflict pain.

Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying, “Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us.”
The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply, “Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation?
And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal.”
Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
He replied to him, “Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” Luke 23

Is it?
Save yourself and us.
or
Jesus remember me when you come into your kingdom.

Being human we are all “condemned justly”. Only Christ’s perfect love and posture saves us.
Jesus remember me when you come into your kingdom.

I don’t think that is a rational or accurate response.

A lot of the press and some people are acting like this is a current problem when in fact most of these charges are decades ago and there were different laws at that time as to how they were handled.

All these allegations of cover ups make me wonder why, if there really are so many victims, why they have waited so long to come forward. It’s suspicious to me to see so many when in my experience very few people wait 20+ years to make such things known. It just doesn’t make sense.

I’m not saying that all of them are lying, or that the guilty don’t deserve to account for their actions, but it seems to me that the media and many individuals have rushed to judgment. I am willing to maintain a neutral skepticism until real facts are ascertained and wait and see what actually is proved.

As for protocols, there are already an effective set in place and functioning, so calling for more is (IMO) sort of a superfluous knee jerk reaction akin to yelling for the barn door to be closed after the cattle have escaped. :shrug: It doesn’t help anyone.

Personally, I believe that the scale of all this will prove to be less than the media has made of it and the Pope will be vindicated, (much to the chagrin of those who wish otherwise).

I suggest that everyone step back and take a prayerful deep breath and wait to see what really shakes out of all this.

All this media fed freaking out does no one any good; not the authentic victims, the Church or any of the rest of us.
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.

I hope you are not implying that I don’t stand with them

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. We can help them WITHOUT losing sight of what we are, and without letting evil forces in society cause us to second guess ourselves. My OP is designed to get Catrholics in this forum to quit being myopic and get back to the big picture. So I say it again:

"*Catholc Missionaries around the world help the needy: We have hospices, charities, food banks, outreaches, schools, and wonderful people volunteering in all these fields… … we do all these things daily. We have given the world the greatest arts and began Universities. Holy Mother Church is a gift from God and the Body of Christ. We have stood for 2000 years, teaching truth and bringing the Light of Christ to the world.

Now are we going to bicker with each other because of some heretics and heathens outside the Church? Some people run some news reports on what amounts to less than 1% percent of all our priests and we freak out? Are we going to let them turn us against ourselves?

Stand proud Catholic! Tell the world of the greatness, the beauty, and the Truth of our faith, and of our beloved Church! Do not question the Glory and the Beauty of Our Church. Yes, there will always be sinners among us. But is that now going to be our focus? God will deal with them.

Spread the word for all to hear: Christ established One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. We spread his truth and bring his salvation. Keep you banner raised high!*"

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.