Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Each of these “utterances” of Divine Wisdom which St. Louis de Montfort offers in Chap. 12 of his book on “The Love of Eternal Wisdom” is more than enough to ponder this morning, but all are important for us:
- Come to me all you who are afflicted and heavily-burdened and I will refresh you. (Mt. 11:28).
- I am the bread of life come down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live for ever, and the bread that I give is my flesh. (Jn. 6:51).
- My food is the real food and my blood is the real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in him. (Jn. 6:55,56).
- You will be hated by all men because of me, but I promise you, not a single hair of your head will be lost. (Lk. 21:17-18).
- No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate one and love the other, or he will uphold one and despise the other. (Mt. 6:24.)
I put only Mt. 11:28 in bold print and in the title because it truly is the first step we can take toward pondering the others. Only Jesus, by the power of His Holy Spirit can reveal to us the Truth He is.
Jesus, we trust in you! Increase in us the Gifts of Your Holy Spirit that we may learn to know, love and serve you more. Mary, our Mother and Model for the Church, pray for us.