Comedy Central developing Jesus Christ Cartoon

Posted full article From Drudge…

livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/comedy-central-developing-jesus-christ-cartoon-series.html

May 05, 2010

Comedy Central might censor every image of the Prophet Muhammad on “South Park,” yet the network is developing a whole animated series around Jesus Christ.

As part of the network’s upfront presentation to advertisers (full slate here), the network is set to announce “JC,” a half-hour show about Christ wanting to escape the shadow of his “powerful but apathetic father” and live a regular life in New York City.

In the show, God is preoccupied with playing video games while Christ, “the ultimate fish out of water,” tries to adjust to life in the big city.

“In general, comedy in purist form always makes some people uncomfortable,” said Comedy Central’s head of original programming Kent Alterman.

When asked if the show might draw some fire, especially coming on the heels of the network’s decision to censor the Muslim faith’s religious figure on “South Park,” Alterman said its too early in the show’s development to be concerned about such matters.

“We don’t even know what the show is yet,” he said.

Like all Comedy Central executives, Alterman declined to address the recent controversy over “South Park,” where the network aired a heavily redacted episode after the show’s creators were threatened by an extremist Islamic Web site.

“JC” is produced by Reveille (“The Office”), Henrik Basin, Brian Boyle (“American Dad”), Jonathan Sjoberg and Andreas Ohman.

They ridiculed Jesus and the Church in the past, and I don’t think they will stop anytime soon.
Sacred heart of Jesus:heart:, have mercy on us sinners:signofcross:

Since the Christian Community and our beliefs are always open season for the Secular world I think PRAYER & Deflection might be the best defense/offence in regards to this show.

FIRST: PRAY!!! and then PRAY some more !!!

Second, it occurs to me that this new “show” comes on the heals of the Prophet Mohammad flap. Clearly this had generated great news coverage for “South Park” and we all know these show love free coverage.

**One could “extrapolate” from the recent events and the coincidental timing, that this “new show” is not about the Christian GD & JC but is the natural expansion of the show that had the Prophet Mohammad (PM) in a BEAR costume. ***

I will float the concept that:
In the new show JC is actually PM and the “Game Playing G*D” is actually AAH!** :eek:

Let’s put this concept squarely back on the creators to "dismiss the concerns of the Islamic faith" as they clearly don’t care about temporal repercussions from the Christian faith.

Simple response is just to not watch it. Don't make any waves about it, because any publicity helps the show. Let it die a quiet, lonely death by not giving it any publicity, any views.

I like where you’re going with that. I remember attempting a Theology on Tap thing where they had an Imam, a Rabbi & a Priest and the Iman, whenever he said Mohammed, Jesus or Abraham’s name would automatically say “Peace be upon them”. So when I hear about Jesus being blashphemed like this, I wonder why the radical Muslims don’t get up in arms about Jesus being blashphemed if they TRULY honor him like they say.

Many shows die quickly on Comedy Central anyway. The only show they have running that will probably be around a while is South Park. The rest are all replaced within a year or two when the fads die out. Simply ignore the show; I know I will.

Except there is the Daily Show and the Colbert Report that are HUGELY popular. I think I read somewhere that Steve Colbert is a practicing Catholic.

But the cartoons, I’m not suprised they would develop such a cartoon. They’ve satired Jesus on South Park for years. I just don’t watch those type of shows.

accessatlanta.com/celebrities-tv/521354.html

but don’t even think about drawing muhamid

That is quite offensive.

I wonder if we could get Christians across the country to cancel their cable. It would hit the big TV companies in the pocket books and would demonstrate a unity of action that does not involve threatening people with violence as some other fanatical religions have done (trying not to name names but I’m sure you’re all thinking of them).

The sad thing is I don’t think we would get many Western Christians to merely cancel their cable and these other people have their adherents laying down their lives (while taking the lives of others :()

I don’t have cable. If you have cable, you probably have EWTN and I can see why you wouldn’t want to cancel your cable.

i started putting the link on facebook and forwarding it to all my friends.

You know, if they really want to go to Hell that badly...

Or maybe we should threaten to make heads roll or announce another crusade? Imagine Papa B saying,“All who die by the way, whether by land or by sea, or in battle against the pagans, shall have immediate remission of sins. This I grant them through the power of God with which I am invested. O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ! … Let those who for a long time, have been robbers, now become knights. Let those who have been fighting against their brothers and relatives now fight in a proper way against the barbarians!” :D-Pope Urban’s Ctusade speech. That would make them take a 180 to the other direction.
It is sad how poltical correctness and liberalism has infiltrated the world.

I just read this on Yahoo and it’s the first I’ve heard of it, but basically Comedy Central is looking to do a modern take on Jesus and he’s going to be living as a “normal guy” in New York. Here’s the link if you’re interested. It’s still not an official cartoon yet, but there is already some noise being made according to the article.

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_uk_jesus

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.